Chapter 1

Great. Just great.

I know Lilly's going through a lot at the moment, OK? She has to deal with school and homework, plus Mum and Dad fighting all the time. And that's not fun.

But seriously. Surely she can get off the phone with Mia Thermopolis for FIVE MINUTES so I can fix the comments section on CrackHead for, like, one second? Seriously.

"LILLY! Will you get off the phone??" I yelled, peering through the door.

Lilly slammed it shut, missing my head by under an inch. "No I can't! You work on your dumb website every hour of the day, and this is my ONE CHANCE to comfort Mia after SOMEONE threw a DVD at her cat!"

(Might have been me. I thought it was a very big rat. And I DID apologize! I thought I was very gracious.)

"Sorry... Being a jerk... What were you saying?"

Ugh. I wish Lilly would stop bad-mouthing me to all her friends. Especially Mia. I mean, not that Mia Thermopolis will ever think of me that way, but still. It's slightly annoying to have your little sister telling all her friends that you're being a jerk. Especially WHEN YOU'RE NOT!!

I sighed and logged into CrackHead. The connection kept breaking up (due to SOMEONE hogging the phone), but this comment issue needed sorting.

An Instant Message popped up on my phone. From Mia.

[FtLouie]: Michael, I really need to talk to Lilly rn. Pls will you get offline and stop killing the connection.

[CracKing]: No. You get offline. I'm busy.

[FtLouie]: Michael!!! Why doesn't your Mum get another flipping phone line???

[CracKing]: We EXPLAINED this. There are no more 212 numbers available from the phone company. I'm trying to do stuff on my website, I told you.

[FtLouie]: I NEED TO TALK TO LILLY WITHOUT THE PHONE DISCONNECTING EVERY 5 SECONDS!!!

[CracKing]: Stop yelling.

[FtLouie]: {Terminated}

5 minutes later, I gave up trying to keep the server alive and yelled down to Lilly that the phone should be working now.

"No thanks to you!" She shouted up the stairs. "Also, Pavlov ate ALL my noodles yesterday! You're buying me more tomorrow, you know!"

I slammed the door. What annoyed me most was how Mia Thermopolis always took LILLY'S side. Well, I guess that's to be expected; they have been best friends for like 6 years. To Mia, I'm just her best friend's nerdy older brother.

Duh.