Chapter 30

Demi's POV

We rushed inside the hospital, well, I rushed with Emma in my arms. She looked so weak. It seemed like she was getting worse by the minute. "Hello, how can I help you?" A lady at the front dask asked.

"My daughter's sick. I don't know what it is, but she can barely move."

"Okay, I'll get her in as soon as possible. For now, can you fill out these forms?" she asked as she handed me paper work. I filled everything out and gave them back. Emma was falling asleep as I held her.

"Emma Lovato?" I nurse called, and I carried Emma back to the room that was waiting for us. It was a hospital, so I laid her in the hospital bed and the doctor came in moments after.

"What seems to be the problem?" The doctor asked with a notebook in hand.

"Actually, I don't know. She's running a fever, but I don't know how high. She has absolutly no energy."

"When did this start?" The doctor asked while nurses started hooking machines up around Emma. The sight brought tears to my eyes.

"Late last night, or early this morning. One of those. I thought she was just really tired, so I let her sleep it off, but she was still like this when I woke up this morning." The doctor nodded while writing down notes.

"Has she been sick at all recently?"

I nodded. "A couple of weeks ago."

"Okay, well we're going to run some tests. I would like for you to wait in the lobby if you don't mind."

I looked to my little girl. "Emma, I'll be right back. These people are going to help you, okay?"

Emma didn't say anything, but I saw a small nod come from her. I blew her a kiss, then left. It felt like I was waiting for days. I had knots in my stomach that wouldn't go away. Each minute seemed like another hour. It felt like I was never going to get called back. Finally, I heard my name being called.

"Lovato?" I stood up and quickly followed the nurse back to Emma's room. The doctor was waiting for me.

"Okay, Ms. Lovato, we had some tests done, and we are waiting for the rest of the results to come back."

"The rest of the results? You have some information?"

"It wouldn't do any good to tell you what we already have. We need the rest to fill in spaces. We can't make guesses or jump to conclusions. We gave her some medicine to help her get some strength back."

"I want to see my daughter," I choked out. He gestured towards her room, and I swallowed my tears before entering. "Hi, baby."

Emma's face lit up when she saw me. "Hi, mommy."

"How are you feeling?"

"Better," she answered quietly. "Am I going to be okay?" She asked innocently.

"Yeah, yeah you're going to be fine." I was trying to convince the both of us.

"I want to go home," she said, her lip started to quiver.

I nodded and sat on the edge of her bed. "I know, baby, I do too. But we will soon. We just have to wait a little longer."

"Promise?"

Before I had time to answer, I was thankfully called out of the room. I couldn't make a promise that I wasn't positive I could keep. "Ms. Lovato," the doctor began after Emma door was shut and we were out of her hearing range. "We have the news."

"What? What is it?" The suspense was killing me. Of course, his answer was definitely not what I wanted to hear.

Please don't hate me!

I'm out of school today, so updates!