A new sense in the force

A few days later Anakin was still working at his job. Same old routine, same old crabby nineteen year old accompanying him. It was a long day, but not many people came into shop. Anakin wiped his brow and yawned. Shelby chuckled. "Tired, Skywalker?" She asked. Anakin dragged his gaze to her, obviously annoyed. "Shut up Shelby. I can bet that you got like 3 hours last night." Shelby said nothing else after. The long-haired man smiled to himself, knowing he won that short-lived argument. Anakin checked the time, he had 3 minutes till work was over. He guessed he could head out a bit early. "I'm skipping the rest of work. Catch ya on the flip-side Shelb!" Shelby rolled her eyes. "Don't fall outta the sky Curls." She called to him. Anakin huffed in annoyance before hopping on his speeder and going home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At home, Anakin was greeted by his two toddlers, and his former master and padawan. He greeted the two before getting tackled to the floor by his kids. "Dad! You're back you're back! We missed you!" Luke squeaked, and Leia nodded eagerly. Anakin chuckled, and hugged his kids back. "Missed you, too!" He murmured to the two.

Anakin released them both and got up. The kids immediately went to Ahsoka and dragged her to their room to play with her. Anakin crossed his arms and shook his head, a smile plastered on his face. "They really seem to like her." Obi-Wan nodded and said "They love playing with her and showing her their favorite holo-shows."

"So, when are you going back to Corusant?" Anakin questioned. "Tomorrow." "So soon?" Anakin tilted his head a bit. It reminded Obi-Wan when Anakin was a child and tilted his head when he was interested in a topic. "Sadly, yes. The Jedi need us and-" He paused. Obi-Wan tilted his head upwards a bit and scrunched his nose in confusion.

Anakin looked up, as well. They both felt something. Then it stopped. "That...was weird." Anakin said. "It felt like it was coming from the kids room." Obi-Wan replied. "Mabey it was Ahsoka?" The redhead shook his head. "No. I know her force presence. This one was different. It felt like your's but then it didn't."

Anakin felt oblivious. He blinked at his former master before walking upstairs to be met with his former padawan. "Mas-Anakin? We have a problem." The former jedi looked at her, eyebrows raised with Obi-Wan behind him. "Luke...he did something-" "He broke something didn't he? I told him to stay away from stuff that is breakable-"

It was Ahsoka's turn to cut him off. "No. He didn't break anything. More like...levitated something." "Levitated? That's impossible! Only someone with the force can...do that..." It took Anakin a moment before he realized. "My son...is FORCE SENSITIVE?!" He cried out. "So THAT was the mysterious force we felt earlier!" Obi-Wan concluded.

Anakin softly pushed past Ahsoka and went to stand infront of luke. He was sitting next to his sister on the floor. "Luke, can you do something for me?" The boy nodded. "Anakin placed a wrapper infront of him on the floor. "Can you make this rise up?" He asked. Luke stuck out his hand and closed his eyes, scruching up his entire face.

It was cute. To Ahsoka, atleast. Slowly, the wrapper came off the ground. Anakin watched in shock as his son lifted the wrapper. Obi-Wan was surprised as well. Luke was force sensitive! Could Leia be as well? "Ok Luke you can stop." Luke closed his hand and let himself relax, flopping on his side playfully. The wrapper dropped to the floor as soon as he closed his hand.

Anakin then turned to Leia. "Can you do what your brother did?" He asked her. Leia shook her head. Anakin bent down to her level. "Can you try?" Leia turned towards the wrapper. She closed her eyes and imitated what her brother did. Nothing. "Hmm.." Obi-Wan stroked his beard thoughtfully. "So she doesn't have the force?" Anakin asked, a small wave of relief washed through him.

  "Well it's a possibility." Ahsoka murmured. "What if she shows her powers in a different way?" Obi-Wan questioned. "What, do you want us to hand a 5 year old a lightsaber?" Ahsoka snorted. "Are you INSANE?!" Anakin cried out. "I'm in no possible way handing my daughter a lightsaber-that's too dangerous!" Obi-Wan sighed. "I never said we would hand her a lightsaber."

  Anakin shared a uncertain look with Ahsoka. "While Leia can't leviate things like her brother, she might be able to feel him through the force. Not everyone channels the force in the same way." The redhead added at the end. Anakin looked over to his kids who were sharing a snack. "They are rather close, but that's how all siblings are."

  "Their connection seems stronger." Ahsoka piped up from behind. Obi-Wan nodded. The former Jedi turned back to the two Jedi. "So what do you suggest?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Anakin shrieked. "Now Anakin this may seem like a bit of a stretch-" "I am NOT sending Luke to train as a Jedi, not after what happened with the chancellor. He is much safer staying here with me and Leia. If he wants to learn the force I'll teach him myself." The older man pinched his nose. "Anakin that's illegal."

  "The Jedi don't care. They never cared about me or my family in the first place." Anakin huffed out a breath in the warm summer air. "It doesn't matter if they don't care Anakin, you could get in trouble anyway." Anakin rolled his eyes. "I don't care. I'm not sending Luke to Coruscant where I won't be there to watch over him and protect him." "Me and Ahsoka will protect him." "No. He's not leaving." "Anakin please realize how good this will be for the Jedi." Obi-Wan said.

  "For the Jedi?" Anakin hissed. "The Jedi caused nothing but trouble for me and my family, anyway. I won't let Luke go." The man crossed his arms as his former master let out a defeated sigh. "Anakin, I know the Jedi have caused you a lot of trouble, and you don't want Luke around the ones who hurt you in the past, but I plead with you to understand. Luke is very powerful."

  Anakin didn't respond. "If he becomes a Jedi he can help out the Jedi order in more ways then one. He might want to go." Anakin still stayed silent. 'Would Luke really wanna go and join the Jedi Order?' Anakin thought. His former master walked over to him and placed a firm hand on his shoulder. "Just think about it, ok?" He murmured before releasing his shoulder and walking off. Oh he would think about it alright.