Chapter 6 - L'Manburg

He saw it again.

The blue eyes staring into his forest green.

The void creature baring it's teeth at him.

He runs.

He sees blood.

He sees bodies.

Broken white goggles.

Half burned, before white now grey bandana.

He screams and cries.

He sees the creature again.

Blue.

Pain.

Darkness.

Red.

~~~~~

Dream wakes up, his breathing faster than normal. He puts a hand on his mask, forgetting it was even there. He brings his knees to his chests as he works on calming down and slowing down his breathing.

After succesfully calming down he looks around and notices a bowl of soup with a note on the little white bedside table near his bed. He reads the note

Have this soup, you haven't eaten in a while, there should be a hand-made microwave in the other room so you can heat it up. Stay strong.

~Wilbur Soot

Dream stood up, still in pain but a lot better than yesterday. He took the bowl and walked to the only other room in the medical ward, the kitchen. And what do you know, there really was a hand-made microwave there. He put the bowl in it and started heating it up. The mechanism for the microwave was simple, there was an iron box, there was an iron pressure plate inside the box with a short iron bar sticking out of the middle with a random disc place there and some redstone to make the thing rotate. The heating system of the microwave was a furnace under the construction that was smelting iron and the heat was also going into the iron box above it.

Dream smiled at the silly but simple and useful thing. After few minutes he took his soup out and sat at the small table in the kitchen and started eating it. What he noticed is that he was already tired just from standing for a few minutes. That was going to be a huge probelm with exploring L'Manburg. After eating he put his mask back on and stepped out of the medical ward.

Dream spots Tommy, already waiting for him. The younger boy waves at the blonde and he makes his way to Tommy.
-you ready for exploring, big D?- Tommy smirked. Dream sighed
- I told you to not call me that. Also would you mind if we took frequent breaks? I am still recovering and what i discovered is that i get tired easily- Dream said scratching the back of his neck in a bit of embarrasement. Tommy just giggled at this and teplied with a simple 'okay'.

They both started walking and Tommy showed Dream all the different structures they had built. Dream was amazed at how they fit everything into such tiny space inside the walls of L'Manburg. In the centre of the whole 'country' was the podium he had a pleasure to give a speach on already. The medical ward was just to the right from the etrance, convieniently placed in case someone needed medical attention right away. Next to the medical ward were farms, mostly wheat and cows. They had made four watch towers at every corner of the wall. They had also made a little pond from which they could get fish to eat or just water. Next was a rather big building, which was actualy the place where they all were currently staying with few rooms to spare. Somewhere more to the left of the entrance of L'Manburg was the flag, the mighty flag of the country he once tried to destroy.

Currently they were both sitting on one of the many banches scattered around L'Manburg, probably meant for meeting up or just having some peace. Dream was tired, he couldn't deny it, his eyes closed on their own and he was almost asleep when someone shook him to get him to wake up. He opened his eyes and saw a worried Wilbur. Dream blinked a few more times before straightening up and looking at Wilbur with a questioning look on his face.

-don't just try and fall asleep like that, you scared the shit out of Tommy and he came to get me- Wilbur said as he just glanced at the younger, whose expression showed a bit of worry.
-sorry...I'm just tired after all this walking around- Dream chuckled a bit in embarrasement. Wilbur sighed
- you can stay in one of the rooms we have to spare, they are much more comfortable than the medical ward. You will have a room close to mine so i can check up on your condition, you are not allowed to lock your door, is that clear, Dream?- Wbur said seriously. Dream only sighed and nodded as he got up and followed Wilbur to the new place he will be staying in.

Dream entered his room and Wilbur left him alone. The room itself was simple, dull grey walls, a wardrobe, a little table in the middle, two chairs, a bed and a bathroom. Dream sighed and laid on the bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

~~~~~

Just a little calm before the storm chapters coming through, nothing special. Or maybe...