Chasing It Down

"Virgil Cox!"

"Mr. Cox!"

"Principal's office now!"

A rough hand grabbed Virgils's shoulder and soon the teacher began yelling at the person who immediately released them and apologized.

Virgil looked over to the other student and flipped him off with a smirk, the other student letting out an indignant noise and stormed past. The teacher soon stood in front of him and demanded he go to the office for something or other. He looked up at her from behind his purple tinted bangs, "I'm sorry, were you saying something?"

"I was! Now, to the office. Mr. Myers reported you for hurting Miss Gray and you need to pay the consequences!"

Virgil looked up at her with a glint in his eye, "Oh, so the parking violation gets a pass?"

"O-of course not, you will be punished for that too."

"Good to know." He turned heel and towards the office, promptly being sent to a meeting room for after school detention.

Walking in, Virgil saw three other students, two being regulars and the other being someone he only recognized from classes.

He took his usual spot at the end of the table farthest from the door and kicked his feet up, not bothering with conversation like the two regulars, knowing it would be shut down as soon as a teacher walked in. Instead, he took to looking over the new kid, curious as he both seemed like the type to be in detention and not at the same time. He had a sharp face with almost yellow brown eyes looking onto his paper, likely schoolwork. His hair was dark brown with his bangs pushed up and away from his eyes. He wore no expression, just focused on his task. A teacher walked in and decided not to fight Virgil on his feet being up but did tell the other two to be quiet and do some school work.

Virgil pulled out a book and began to read, only skimming the words and still watching over the new boy. He pulled out a piece of paper and wrote something before gently stepping on the new man's toes to get his attention.

The shorter man shot him a glare and resumed his work. Virgil repeated the action and slipped the paper onto his lap. The other man seemed to ignore it and Virgil gave up, hoping he would eventually care about it.

A few hours later, they were dismissed and let go to their cars, or motorcycle in Virgil's case, where he decided to sit and wait for a text from the mystery boy. He, however, got bored after a minute and looked around, finally noticing that the person in question was, in fact, in the car just beside him. His eyes widened briefly before looking down at his phone that had just vibrated.

Took you long enough

Rude

Virgil, correct?

Good, wouldn't want my name to be ignored ;)

You talk like a 1800 thief

What if I am?

Eh, not my type

Who said ur my type?

I meant of thief
I'm driving now, so shut up

Soon enough, he did start his engine and start to drive away. Virgil smirked and started his too, following him for a few turns, then eventually splitting up.

As he got home, Virgil threw his backpack up a tree, soon climbing after it. He sat on his usual thick branch, leaning against the trunk.

What's your name? Just got home