Liar

I wake up with Chappo beside me.  I must have had some sedative still in my system when I went to bed because I was able to sleep through the night.  I roll over onto my back.  I don't face the new day because it reminds me of what happened last night.  Hoppo gave me the day off and I'll be on tower duty for a couple days while my body heals.  "Morning Angel," Chappo says sitting up in bed.  "Morning," I reply.  Chappo's eyes darken with concern.  "Did you sleep okay?  Are you feeling okay?" he asks.  "Surprisingly yes.  I must have had some of that sedative still in my system.  I'm pretty sore," I grimace as I try to sit up.  Chappo picks me up bridal style and walks in circles until I'm crying with laughter.  "There's that smile I like to see," he smiles.  Chappo makes some bacon and eggs.  "This is so good.  Thanks Chips," I tell him.  "My pleasure.  I don't get guests often," Chappo says.  After breakfast, Chappo drives me to Bisho's house so I can change into some different clothes.  Bisho isn't there since he's working at Tamarama.  I put on a turquoise t-shirt and some jean shorts.  I go to the bathroom before Chappo and I go out for a walk.  I realize I'm bleeding.  "Ugh," I shout out loud.  "Is everything okay?" Chappo asks from outside the door.  "Sort of.  I hate that guy," I respond.  I put on a pad just to be safe.  When I open the door, I find a concerned Chappo.  "Are you sure you're okay?" he asks.  I sigh.  "I'm having girl problems because of what happened, but I'll be okay," I answer.  We walk downstairs and he hands me a mars bar.  "Thanks," I smile.  "It's the least I could do.  Chocolate makes everything better," Chappo says,  "I couldn't agree more," I reply.

Chappo and I walk down to Bondi to see the boys.  I knock on the tower door.  Harries opens the door.  "Hey darling how are you?" he asks giving me a hug.  "Pretty sore, but I'm doing okay," I answer.  We walk in the tower.  Whippet, H, and Tom are watching the tower and immediately I'm in the middle of a massive group hug.  "We're so sorry about what happened," Tom says with sad eyes.  "Thanks.  I'm just thankful Chappo and Deano found me," I tell them.  Hoppo and a girl around my age enter the tower.  "Hey everyone, this is Jules.  She's our new recruit.  Jules, this is Harries, Chappo, Whippet, H, Tom, and Jennifer," Hoppo introduces.  "Hi Jules!  It's great finally having another girl on the team," I smile.  "I'm glad I won't be the only one," Jules replies.  "Hey Jennifer, while you're here, do you want to give Jules a quick tour of Bondi?" Hoppo asks.  "Sure," I answer.  He pulls me aside for a moment.  "How are you doing?" Hoppo asks somberly.  "I think I'm still in shock about the whole thing.  I'm pretty sore, but I guess it could have been worse," I state looking at the ground.  "Just let me know if you need any time off work or anything for that matter.  We all love you like a daughter and sister.  We've got your back," Hoppo tells me.  "Thank you," I reply with a tear falling down my face.  I hug him tightly and he returns the tight embrace.

I walk with Jules down the tower steps.  I point out the rips on the beach.  We become fast friends.  "If you're wondering why Hoppo was acting like that, yesterday I was assaulted and raped here after hours by some guy who thought girls shouldn't be lifeguards," I share.  "I'm so sorry," Jules hugs me.  "Thanks.  It's nice having another girl around who I can talk about it who can understand," I say.  "I'd be happy to listen to you anytime.  I've actually done extreme board paddles for domestic violence awareness, so your situation is very close to my heart," Jules tells me.  "That's awesome!  Maybe I'll join you next time," I say.  "That would be so cool.  So do you have your own apartment" she asks.  "Actually, I live with Bisho, another one of the lifeguards here, but things are getting more serious with his girlfriend, so I'll probably be looking for a place soon," I answer.  Her face lights up.  "My apartment has two bedrooms if you'd like to live with me.  It's a bit lonely by myself," Jules admits.  "I'd love that," I exclaim.  "Awesome!  You can move in whenever you'd like," she says.  We exchange numbers and I head off the beach to Chappo.

Chappo and I walk to Tamarama.  Bisho bolts out of the tower when he sees me.  He picks me up and holds me close to his chest.  "I'm so sorry Jennifer.  I'm so sorry I was away when you needed me most," Bisho sniffles.  "Hey you couldn't have known.  You're here now.  I can't believe that happened," I start to cry.  He sits down still holding me and rubs my back until I stop crying.  "Thanks," I whisper.  "Hey that's what I'm here for," Bisho smiles.  Jethro appears behind Bisho and we hug in silence.  "Thanks Jeff," I smile.  "Is there anything I can do?" he asks.  I think for a moment.  "Honestly just being there and supporting me is what I need," I answer.  "We've got your back," Jethro says.  We hug for a minute before Jethro and Bisho get back to watching the water.

Chappo and I go to Winter Meadow Farm since he has never seen Jewel.  We walk into the stable to Jewel's stall.  "Hi girl," I smile petting her muzzle.  Jewel nuzzles my hand and turns toward Chappo.  "Chappo, meet Jewel," I tell him.  Chappo sticks out his hand.  Jewel sniffs his hand and nuzzles it.  "She likes you," I say.  "I'm glad.  I wouldn't want to get on her bad side," Chappo laughs.  "I've had her for two years and I haven't seen her bad side.  She's a sweetie," I smile and kiss Jewel's muzzle.  I teach Chappo how to groom her and we groom her together.  I lead Jewel out of her stall and we walk to the outdoor paddock.  I would normally ride her, but because I'm sore from being attacked yesterday, I lunge her.  "She's so fast.  How do you hang on to her?" Chappo asks.  "Very carefully," I laugh.  I make sure Jewel gets a good workout.  I cool her down, groom her, feed her, and give her some cuddles before we head out.  

Chappo and I grab lunch at the Bondi Café.  "Are you sure you're okay with being home alone?" Chappo asks as he pulls into Bisho's driveway.  "I'll be fine.  I'll just rest until Bisho comes home.  Thanks for everything," I hug Chappo.  "Anytime Angel.  Let me know if you need anything okay," Chappo says hugging me.  "Okay," I smile.  I head into the house and watch Mandalorian on the couch.  My phone rings.  It's Josh.  My heart quickens because I haven't told him about what happened to me.  "Hello," I answer  "Hi babe.  How are you?" Josh asks.  "Eh I've been better.  Last night, a guy attacked me after work and raped me," I say slowly.  "For real?" he asks.  I frown.  "I wouldn't joke about that baby.  A guy did that to me on Bondi and drugged me before he raped me," I inform.  "That's pretty vague.  How do you know if he drugged you?" Josh persists.  "I can remember what happened before he drugged me.  He punched me so many times.  Deano and Chappo found me and took me to the hospital.  Do you not believe me?" I ask sadly.  "Honestly, no.  The way you told me to exercise Jewel when I gave you lunch made it seem like you wanted to avoid me and then something happens with a strange man that night.  It just seems set up," Josh says.  "I didn't want this to happen baby.  You should know that.  I don't love anyone but you," I cry.  "I thought so, too.  How many other guys have you done this with?" Josh asks angrily.  I gasp.  "Baby I don't like what happened to me and I definitely haven't done anything when any other guys.  I was scared to tell you because I wanted to save myself for you someday.  I didn't want this to happen," I cry tears streaming down my face.  "You liar.  You know you did.  Bye Jennifer," Josh says and hangs up.

Hi everyone!  Thanks for getting this story to 45 reads already!  That's amazing.  I hope you are all doing well.  Who else is excited for the new season of the Mandalorian?  I sure am.  Take care and I'll see you in the next chapter of Bondi's Angel.

Lots of love,

jhorses