Hajime x Fuyuhiko: It will be alright

Note: Ok I kinda loved writing this??  I don't know it was just really nice. I hope it's decent chxblxncc! I'm going to start tagging the requester in the comments. (Sorry the song doesn't completely match up but I thought it went together decently.)

TRIGGER WARNING: ❗️Swearing/Mourning❗️

" Hey-" I walked somberly to Fuyuhiko's side. There wasn't much time to grieve especially knowing that the clock was ticking. I questioned if I should even mention anything.

" Yeah?" When he faced me Fuyuhiko looked so confused. Sure he kept on a strong persona and sounded determined but just his gaze was enough to give away that he was lost.

There was no doubt that everyone here had their hearts and minds crushed. Hope was the only thing driving us now. And I was on the brink of losing any hope I had remaining.

Honestly, after finding Nagito dead, if anything happened to Chiaki I don't think I could go on. They both were my best friends and even with Nagito losing it, I couldn't help but care about him so deeply.

It's like I've known everyone for a much longer time than I have. Maybe that's what makes everything so much more heart breaking? But Fuyuhiko? I think he has it on a different level.

I couldn't imagine losing someone you've known since you were little, someone you loved so much you'd die for them. Watching them be brought to their knees and slaughtered right in front of you.

" Hey, don't be wasting my time. What is it?" He snapped at me.

" Sorry...I just." Maybe this was too much but I feel like he'd understand me most in this situation.

" How...how do you deal with losing Peko?" I asked. His form froze, his eyes staring dead ahead. Perhaps it be was too much, I should apologize. But right as I opened my mouth he responded.

" I don't?" It sounded more like a question.

" Excuse me?"

" How would you deal with losing someone you loved? Someone who has always been by your side? Not to mention it was because of you that they're dead." To be honest I hadn't even thought about the last part.

" You don't cope with it. The only reason I'm still here ...and don't you dare fucking tell this to anyone." He turned to look me straight in the eye.

" I am getting out of here, not for me...but for her. I'm not letting Peko die in vain and that will be the promise I take to my grave...."

Those words were strong and I could visibly see his body shake as thin tears fell down his cheeks. His honesty and purpose was admirable.

" That's really admirable..." I say in a hushed tone.

" Yeah well it doesn't matter right now. Why'd you bring it up anyway?" Fuyuhiko hissed, shoving his hands into his pockets while we started walking towards our now designated meeting spot for the upcoming trial.

I sorted through the ways I could bring up my issue but it was hard to put into words. I didn't want to talk about my feelings.

" It's Nagito huh?" He murmured, I think he could read my awkward energy.

I nodded, trying to find the courage to say anything out loud.

" As annoying, selfish, and plain insane as he was I know you cared for the guy." We stopped, he turned towards me again and looked up.

" I could tell when we found him that your heart shattered." A loud sigh irrupting from him.

" I-he...I knew he was long gone. I knew something was going to happen to him." I took a deep breath in after my poor display of my thoughts.

" I think we all expected something." Looking to the side and behind him to make sure we were alone he began to say something unexpected.

" Regardless of what we find out or what we know. He cared about you. Hell, the dumbass straight up said he loved you. If anything, I'd say live on for him." His eyes breaking concentration and looking at the ground. " Be the hope he'd never shut up about. Don't let him die in vain."

I stared at him wide eyed, everything he said was so heartfelt, not something I expected from him.

" Now, you never heard anything from me. Don't think I'm some softy. I'll snap your head off if you say shit." And there was the regular Fuyuhiko.

" We're getting out of here. Those who have died will be avenged, and that mono fuck head is going to regret being born."

I chuckled, my mind going over everything he had said. I eventually realized Fuyuhiko had began walking again.

" Hey!" I said as I jogged to catch up to him.

" What now?" Glaring back at me.

" Thanks." I smile, tears threatening to fall after everything that had just happened in this short period of time.

" Stop crying, we have a culprit to catch." I could have sworn he flashed a smile for just a moment,