8.

"Life is so much more beautiful and complex without a nigga that has dreads"
-unknown
————————————————

Hazel Fenty

"Why didn't you leave the curls in it, your hair was cuter." Harlow asked, as I straightened my hair in the mirror. I shrugged not really knowing. I just wanted to do something until my mom and dad came back from the store. Apparently my dad forbid to bring the sodas so they went out to get more.

"What's wrong? You've been quiet ever since we arrived." Harlow pointed out.

"I'm okay." I lied, brushing another piece of hair.

"It's okay to not be okay, but you don't have to lie to me, Hazel." Harlow replied, looked at me through the mirror.

"Remember when I told you to call me to say you found my wallet?" I asked, Harlow nodded.

"It was really because Ty wanted to see me." I admitted, shaking my head.

"For what? After what he did to y-"

"He said he wasn't him." I blurted, cutting off Harlow mid sentence.

"...and you believed him?" Harlow scoffed, tilted her head downward.

"Well, he did look sincere. He looked like he was telling the truth." I shrugged, finishing up my hair.

"Hazel, you have a lot to learn." Harlow walked out the bathroom and sat on the bed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, putting down my iron. I stood up, unplugged it and sat down beside Harlow.

"Wasn't meant to hurt your feelings. Just want you to be aware and be careful. Tyree is a bum." Harlow chuckled, flipping through the channels.

(A/N: accidentally started writing in omniscient  :/ so sorry)

"He hasn't showed me a bum." Hazel said. Harlow whipped her neck looking at Hazel.

"Not a bum?! I should slap you, girl." Harlow threatened. Hazel sighed, reaching for her phone. She thought she should've just kept her mouth closed. Hazel was honestly in her feelings about it all. From the video getting leaked, Ty possibly lying about it all, and him dissing her in the car before she left.

"Forget I said anything." The door opened and Hazel got up. Whenever her mom tagged along with Black she couldn't get one thing.

"Hazel, help us with these bags." Black spoke carrying two bags and the box of sodas.