| 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 |

𝖂𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝕯𝖎𝖊𝖘

𝔗𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔤𝔞𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔢𝔢𝔡𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔡𝔞𝔶𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱, 𝔞𝔰 𝔴𝔢 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔰𝔞𝔶 𝔤𝔬𝔬𝔡𝔟𝔶𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔞𝔰𝔱 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔣𝔲𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔢.

~ ¤ || I || ¤ ~

Once upon a time, there was a pair of magicians called The Ancient Ones.

The Ancient Ones were said to be the most powerful wizard and witch in recorded history. Their magic aided the first kings whom founded every kingdom that exists to this day. Sworn to no one, they were the neutrality that kept the peace between nations as mediators. No ocean was strong enough to keep them in one land, nor was there a continent perfect enough to make them stay. Both remained bound to nowhere, wandering from place to place. Many regarded them in awe and reverence for their celestial presence. Their beautiful features never aged a day, and some held fear of them because of it on top of the immense power they held.

They were clearly inhuman.

None of the historians and scholars at present ever figured out what happened to them. One day, the two magicians vanished. Every monarch searched for them. Each one had wished to impart sanctuary to the pair that founded the kingdoms with their forefathers. However, none succeeded and the pursuit was forced to come to an end.

At their disappearance, a strange phenomenon happened.

An eclipse had occurred, painting the moon an ominous carmine. As if it was not menacing enough, all of the astrologists across the kingdoms had predicted a meteor shower. The news quickly spread to the masses, but it was welcomed with amazement rather than distress. They considered it a blessed sign rather than a bad omen. It was as if the Ancient Ones were sending a message that they still watch over the people.

In a way, they were not wrong.

It was after that night, the soulmate bonds manifested...

...in the form of teardrop pendants.

Upon their birth, a baby would shed their first tear as the magical bond to their soulmate. A crystallized armor will form around the tear itself, turning it into a pendant. This coating is uniquely indestructible. It cannot be destroyed by any sort of force, whether it be magical or physical. The only way it would take any sort of damage is when the state of the soulmate changes. The design and color of the crystal can vary from person to person. Most soulmate pairings can even share the exact same design.

However, one similarity remains.

The tear will always glow white, and it signifies the life of their soulmate.

The status of the pendant may change at one point. This is connected to what is happening to their soulmate, or even what has yet to happen. Some lose their light, some become cracked, and some will remain aglow.

There are four phases to the soulmate bond, and they are as follows:

(1) The Pulse is what became known as the first phase. The name literally refers to the light of the teardrop pendant. When the tear is set aglow for the first time, it starts to pulse like a steady heartbeat. This rhythm is actually synchronized with one's soulmate. There are times it would accelerate and slow down. That is why if the soulmate's heart ever stops beating, the light will gradually fade away. This signifies that Pulse defines the well-being of a person's soulmate, whether they are alive or dead. It could even reveal whether they are cursed, as small wraiths float around the tear; or comatosed/unhealthy, when the tear grows dimmer.