sunkist, #06 | 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞

#06 | 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞

ᵉʸᵉˢ ᵇʳᵒʷⁿ, ʷᵃʳᵐ ᵃⁿᵈ ⁿᵒˢᵗᵃˡᵍⁱᶜ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉʸ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵈᵒʷⁿ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗⁱᵗᵃⁿⁱᶜ.

sei-chan

Kageyama Tobio was utterly mesmerized by the girl in front of him.

After blurting out his feelings, or at least some of it, out in the open in front of the person he never expected to fall for (he's still a bit in denial.) Hinata Shoyo gave him the brightest smile he has seen her wear ever since she woke up.

"Thank you, Tobio." She said in a soft voice her eyes glistened from her happiness and maybe also because of her crying earlier.

She knows deep inside her that she still has some doubts but knowing that she would never be alone through the whole roller coaster journey ahead is enough to make her heart swell with happiness.

Kageyama's promise... She'll hold onto it for the rest of her life.

Hinata's smile after his promises that he plans to keep was deeply engraved in his mind and heart. Her smile that is directed to him, right now, in this very moment, her focus is solely on him, and the way his name sounded coming from her plump, red lips. It is, without doubt imprinted in his soul for the rest of his life. He'll make sure to treasure this memory.

"Really, really thank you!" Her sunshine smile never left her face even after she threw herself to Kageyama's arms out of gratitude and happiness.

Kageyama Tobio's brain turned blank. His face flushed, redder than a certain guess monster's hair. His wild beating heart doesn't seem to know how to calm down.

The moment Hinata hugged him, his whole body felt warm, a surging calmness overflowing his whole being. And in that very moment; Kageyama Tobio knows that there is some (tons of) truth in his nee-chan's words.

Kageyama doesn't know what he's doing anymore. He doesn't realize that he broke out of the hug Hinata caged him in. He doesn't know that he's slowly leaning into Hinata's face. He doesn't hear the knocks coming from the door, nor the voice of the person asking for permission to enter the ward. He doesn't care.

Before he could close the remaining two inches gap between him and the girl in front of him, the door opened.

"What are you doing to my cousin?" A red-maroon haired gentleman was there, standing in the door looking at the previous romantic atmosphere turned into an awkward situation in front of him.

His voice immediately made Kageyama snap out on whatever adrenaline rush he was in. He whipped his head to the direction of the voice and instantly froze.