Yuki - Love Trial

I am.................. sad.

It wasn't ever supposed to be so bad...

To be fair all of this was entirely my fault.

Everything was my fault.

I had been placing subtle hints in the way I spoke to him, I tried being discreet but eventually, I just got frustrated. Yuki Sohma was as dense as a rock.

I suppose I wasn't exactly special, every girl in school had some kind of crush on him. I suppose I'm exaggerating now... Not every girl, but most of them.

He was kind, he was sincere, he had a great smile and he always seemed so calm and rational. However, just by spending time with him, putting in the effort to be closer to him, I could tell he wasn't all there. He was missing pieces of himself.

I should have known he wouldn't have been able to respond to me properly. The day I told him I liked him he seemed confused and a little baffled by my sudden confession. I could feel my confidence evaporate I was lucky I decided to tell him at the end of the day. No one was really around.

I didn't want to go home because something was stopping me though I wasn't sure what. It was just a feeling I should wait.

I had to stop wandering the halls and I finally stopped in an empty classroom. I closed the door sinking down the other side and sitting on the floor.

What kind of perfect love crime could make us both cry? It hurts even more 'til we just can't ignore... the one who gave love and one that can't get enough, we're both to blame, always weighing our feelings every day...

"Guilty aren't I? Of all my love crimes, how many could there be? I don't wanna know" My voice kept breaking in the middle of words and overall everything was a mess but it felt good to get it all out. My hands were shaking as I made my verbal attempt to calm down. "With no parole, I'll be here maybe ten to life so 'til I die I will protect and serve by your side-" the door on the other end of the room opened very suddenly causing me to gasp and nearly choke on air.

"Y/N" Yuki stood there. He looked like he gone classroom to classroom but how did he know I was still here? "I'm sorry," he said and I was still too shocked to answer. "I was just a little surprised... you didn't give me a proper chance to answer" he breathed out and I used the wall to help myself stand.

"It's okay reall-" I tried to assure him he didn't need to say anything but he cut me off.

"I like you too," he said and I thought I might be dreaming. "I like you a lot. I never told you because I thought you wouldn't like me the same way" he explained he took a few steps forward and took my hands, interlocking our fingers together. "You're the only thing I haven't come to regret. I could never regret befriending you and going further with this" he said.

Then came the end. Because as it turned out three weeks after this interaction I would be a little too careless.

I would cross the street three weeks after this interaction on my way home from school and a speeding drunk driver would hit me.

An ambulance would be called but my legs would be shattered and I would lose blood at a rapid rate.

The paramedics aren't able to save me on the way to the hospital.

I die from blood loss long before.

My family is notified first. The school announces it the next morning.

It was my fault. But now those lines replay through my head on repeat.

What kind of perfect Love Crime, could make us both cry?