TWENTY TWO: Believe it When I See it

"Ruby is being banished back to her family pack"

"Yeah, so I guess you get what you wanted, I'm leaving" Ruby spat with a roll of her eyes.

"Listen here pup, the only reason that we haven't decided to make an example of you is because the White family isn't accustomed to our ways yet and although you have broken so many rules and our sons mate bond, we don't want to create another reason for us to be fighting with the Ryders. That is it." Alpha Bradley spoke with a firm tone as he glared at Ruby.

I glanced between everyone in the room. He didn't seem as saddened by this situation as I once thought he was.

No one seemed to be shocked by his sternness, not even Ruby herself.

I thought that everyone would be relieved with what I said but they all seemed only want her gone.

"Sophia dear, you seem confused" Catherine looked at me with forward brows.

"I just thought... I thought that you guys wouldn't want to punish her because she's been a part of your lives for so long... part of your family..." I trailed off, not really knowing what to say.

"Darling, when a wolf hurts my family, mistreats them in any way, our primal ways tend to take full control and we just make decision based on the horrendous acts that they have preformed. I don't care how long she has been around, I don't care what her relationship was... she hurt my son and I don't want to look at her face ever again." Luna Catherine seemed to shake in anger as she spoke and Bradley had to stroke her arm and calm her as much as he could.

"But if she's leaving... why did you say that you keep f*cking up?!" I questioned Caleb and stepped forward to create space between us before I turned to look at him.

"Well, I was the one to suggest sending her home instead of ripping her throat out" he looked down, obviously feeling guilty.

"And he didn't want her to become a rogue" Kai added with a roll of his eyes.

Caleb sent Kai daggers as he grew annoyed.

"Caleb still cares is all, you cant really blame him for that, its love!" Ruby chirped happily.

"Would you shut your trap you little b*tch!" Catherine snapped "I'm sick of hearing your voice! I'm sick of seeing your face! Someone have her removed... Chris!... Chris!!!" Catherine made her way towards the door but before she got there a tall muscular man barged in quickly.

"Please escort her out of here, take her to... the spare bedroom, the kitchen the dungeons I don't care just get her out of here and watch her!" Catherine stood at the doors and pointed to the hallway with a soft groan.

"Cathy... please I want to help make the decisions!" Ruby pulled against Chris' hold as he dragged her across the room.

"address me properly pup!" She barked loudly.

Alpha Bradley jogged over to his wife's side and grabbed a hold of her waist.

"Sorry Luna... I just really think I should..." Ruby was cut off with a loud growl and instantly dropped her sight to the ground.

Alpha Bradley was vibrating with anger as he watched Ruby get dragged away.

"Now, Sophia... is there anything else you want to add? Or do you need to ask anything?" Sophia asked me calmly.

As if nothing had happened she calmly smiled at me and took a seat across from Kai.

I looked around at everyone, they all looked at me patiently, waiting for me to answer.

"Uhm, I don't really know what to think right now" I admitted softly. Taking a seat on the closest chair to me.

"I just thought you would all be upset about having to part ways with Ruby and I didn't want to be the cause of that sadness but... you all seemed to want her gone in a way and I guess I'm just a little shocked." I wrapped my arms around myself as I fell back into the chair.

"Sweetheart," Catherine started with a soft and calm tone "we are very primal creatures and when the ones we hold close guest hurt, all rational thought leaves our minds and our wolf sort of take over... surely you would understand that?" She asked softly.

"Ive never really been taught to connect with or listen to my wolf... I'm slowly learning though!" I admit quietly.

"Well just imagine if Wade wasn't actually Bri's mate and he had poisoned her into loving him while her actual mate suffered by watching them together and Bri grew incredibly sick and Billy was never born!" Kai shrugged his shoulders as he leant across the wall.

I felt a slight fire spark inside my body but it was quickly distinguished.

"You felt something right? Something lit up inside you!" Caleb crouched down next to me. "That was your wolf cutting in, it can take over all thoughts and feelings when it comes to protecting our loved ones... that's why I can easily move on from her, because she hurt you..." He trailed off and put a hand on my knee, leaning down to try and look me in the eyes.

"You hurt me!" I spat back defensively "Lets not forget that part Mr. Storm"

"oh trust me... I wont" He sighed heavily as he backed away and retreated closer to his older brother.

"listen dear, we just want you to know that we don't want her around. She hurt our son, our pup, I don't care how long she's been apart of our lives... she hurt Caleb and she hurt you, his true mate... I couldn't care less what happens to that girl." Catherine looked a little stressed as she placed her head in her hands and took a seat next to her husband.

I looked at everyone in the room.

No one really seemed to react to what Catherine said, as if they agreed with her.

"So you all really don't mind that she is being banished? To never return?" I asked confused but slightly relieved.

I looked over at Kai and he nodded, quite a bored look on his face.

I then looked over to Alpha and Luna Storm who both gave me a reassuring nod.

Then I turned to Caleb. I held my breath as I waited for his reaction.

He turned his head slightly and locked eyes with me. We starred at each other for a moment before he finally reacted, "I don't want to see her ever again!" He was calm in his tone as he nodded slightly.

I'll believe that when I see it.

My family and I were currently sitting at the lakes edge, near Calebs private residence.

The storm family and mine decided it would be a good idea to relax and unwind for a few days before we got back into the future planning.

Caleb was actually very eager to have myself and my family moved into the lake house, which shocked everyone.

"I actually feel really at peace providing that space for your family... I've never really felt that way before" I thought back to what he said and it actually sparked my heart slightly. I'm glad he was kind enough to make sure my family was comfortable, even if it was only for a few days.

"Look out below!" Wyatt called out from the balcony as he launched himself off it and splashed into the cold lake water.

"Wyatt, be careful!" Mum scolded as she shook her head at her only son.

"Oh hush, the water is so deep out here" Wyatt sulked as he swam up to the group of us.

Small baby giggles came from Billy as I dunked her feet in the water and puller them out. Another dunk and more giggles.

"So this is where you've been living?" Bri asked as she came to sit next to me.

"This is where I was hidden, yes" I chuckled slightly remembering how quick Caleb was to hide me away.

"Girl we need to have a serious chat about that boy... like now!" Bri was quick to grab a hold of Billy and my hand as she made me stand.

"Ok, I know just the place!" I replied as I lead my sister to one of my favourite places while I was here.

Let the girl talk begin...