1

As the band performs the song of the theme of the show, which is dedicated to 80s movies, Y/n pushed her chubby legs to keep up with the tempo of the rifle work

She keeps a smile on her face as she flip her white rifle along with the rifle line. As the song, 'Don't You' by Simple Minds, comes to an end, the rifle line managed to toss a sextuple and spin underneath it twice and catch it in sync ending it with a perfect performance.

The crowd erupts in a loud roar at the performance. The cheerleaders and the dancers cheer along with the crowd. The band and color guard rush to get everything off the field so that dancers can perform their home routine.

Y/n and her friends grab their rifles and flags and got off the wet field due to the humidity in the Louisiana air. Y/n breathes heavily due to being the biggest member of the color guard.

People were shock that she made it. Hell, even she was shocked but the director gave her a chance and she improved with her technique with the flag, rifle, saber, and even her dancing. But her classmates respected her for getting out her comfort zone.

Y/n and the rest of the color guard sat in front of the cheerleaders that are on a single bench on the field for the football players to sit on. One of Y/n's closest friend was a cheerleader who made space for her to sit in between her legs.

Y/n smiles and sits in front of her. Her friend, Sarah, wrapped her arms around Y/n's wide shoulders and rest her chin on Y/n's sweaty head.

"I'm sweaty." The light skin girl says.

Her friend shrugged her shoulders, "I don't care." She says.

Y/n smiles and shakes her head and fixed her eyes on the field.

7 dancers are position on the field, waiting for the music to start. The dance team was taken over by: Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook.

They moved to America when they were all in elementary. Jungkook and Y/n are actually best friends. They are also in the same grade.

When Y/n first met Jungkook, he was this shy little boy. He didn't talk to anybody due, to him knowing little English when he moved here, they were in the 1st grade. Y/n worked up the courage and talked to the korean boy.

He gave the chubby girl his well known bunny smile and they just clicked. They stayed by each other's side through it all. Even now. But through the years he grew close with the other Korean boys.

Y/n snaps back to reality when the music starts. It's a Kpop song. It was 'God's Menu' by Stray Kids.

The guys start to dance full force. Flips were thrown in the routine. The crowd, the cheerleaders, the band, and the color guard screamed their lungs out for the guys. Y/n saw the passion Jungkook and the rest had for the art. They moved so well together.

It amazed Y/n how they can move their body so flexibly. She could never.

As the song comes to an end, Jimin does an Ariel and lands into a split. Everybody stands on their feet and cheer. The guys came together and bowed. They walked off the field. Y/n grabbed her flag and rifle, gave Sarah a quick hug, and walked off the field to put up her equipment.

Once everything was put up, Y/n walks back to the stands to grab her money from her bag to get something to eat and drink. The light skinned girl grabs her guard jacket and slips it on. She grabs her phone and slip it into her pocket of the jacket.

She walks off the stands and made her way to the concession stand.

"Y/n, wait up!"

She stops in her tracks and turns around. A warm smile forms on her plump lips as she sees her childhood best friend running towards her.

Once he reaches her, he wraps his arm around her shoulder.

"You did so great, Kookie!" She praises her best friend.

He scoffs and brushes off her compliment, "Ha! Me? No. You! You did so great. That toss and double spin underneath it. Nerve racking. I applaud you." He says.

Y/n laughs, "Why, thank you. Do you want anything?" She offers.

He gives her his bunny smile, "You should know that answer."

She nods with a wide smile. They wait in line. It was finally their turn. They ordered and got their food. Jungkook and Y/n made their way back to the bleachers.

As they walk, Jungkook starts to eat his nachos. There resting on his chin was a drop of cheese. Y/n couldn't help but laugh at her best friend.

He looks over at the light skin girl with a questionable look, "What's so funny?" He asks, smacking away.

Y/n grabs one of her napkins and stopped Jungkook from walking any further.

"You have cheese on your chin. Do I need to buy you a bib for Christmas?" She teases, as she wipes away the cheese.

He rolls his eyes, "Funny, Y/n."

She laughs.

"I know."

They finally made it to the stands. They sit in the section of the band/color guard.

This has been a thing they did since their 7th grade year when they both tried out for the activities they are doing now. Jungkook and Y/n would eat and sit together during halftime and just chat.

More of the color guard members are coming back to the stands.

"I'm so excited that tonight is our last time performing. I'm excited for winter guard." Hailey, a color guard member, says as she sits next to Y/n.

Kate nods in agreement, "Me too. And I can't believe Patrice is letting us come up with our own solo performance to tryout with." She says, with a smile on her lips.

Y/n snaps her head towards her friend with eyes wide open, "What?!" She asks shocked.

Kate nods, "Yeah?.. You didn't know?"

"Uh no. I had to leave early yesterday for a funeral. Nobody told me this." Y/n explains.

Kate and Hailey made an 'o' shape with their mouths.

"We're sorry." They say together.

Y/n shakes her head, "It's okay. I got this."

She goes back to Jungkook and he leans into her, "Do you?"

"Nope. I'm completely screwed."