III

Chapter 03;
Doctor Choi

|~[𝖙.𝖙]~|

It was two days after passing out in the yard that Taehyun decided to go to the doctor.

He was unable to go to an actual doctor because that meant going to his parents, which also meant seeking out his death. They would immediately question if he was doing drugs the night he was out. Then, they wouldn't listen to anything he says and ground him.

Therefore, he went to the next-best-thing.

"Doctor Choi to your assistance," a familiar neon-haired boy grabbed a random white jacket from his closet and tossed it on. He had tinted, square glasses at the tip of his nose and a toy stethoscope around his neck.

Taehyun rolled his eyes, crossing his arms, "Yeonjun-"

"Doctor Choi..."

Rephrasing his sentence with a bitter smile, Taehyun enunciated, "Doctor Choi, I need you to sincerely listen to me, okay? Just- just don't laugh." Yeonjun brought a hand in front of his face and closed his eyes. After a second, he opened them with a serious expression.

The older boy crossed his legs with a notepad in his hand, "tell me what the problem is." Taehyun bit his lip and nodded, saying after a while of hesitance, "I've been really dizzy lately - to the point of passing out a couple of times."

"Are you drinking enough water? Getting enough sleep? You're not stressed, right?" Yeonjun leaned forward, questioning him. Waving his hands in front of him, Taehyun shook his head, "no, it's not that. I mean I have been finding it hard to stay asleep, but that's not it."

Leaning back again, Yeonjun asked, "you've been finding it hard to stay asleep? Are you having nightmares?" After that last question, Taehyun wavered, "they're not necessarily nightmares as much as they are hallucinations of some sort."

Yeonjun's eyebrows knitted into a straight line, holding his hand out, "hallucinations? Of what?" With a hand hovering out in front of him, Taehyun was confused. He stared at it for a moment before Yeonjun demanded, "hold out your hand."

So, he did. Yeonjun took it in his own, lifting the sleeves and pressing his fingers against his wrist to feel his pulse. His face twisted slightly and his head twitched to the side.

"What is it?" Taehyun asked, glancing over to the window in Yeonjun's room. "Tell me about the hallucinations," Yeonjun pulled his hands away and grabbed his pen again, writing something on the notepad.

Taehyun tried to create an image inside of his head so he could describe it, but it was as if he couldn't remember. "I- I'm not sure. My mind is kind of foggy," he covered his eyes with his hand and sighed.

Then, he remembered what he told Beomgyu. "There was a shadow outside of my house and the street lamps were off in the middle of the night," he explained. "What was the shadow of?" The bright-haired boy continued.

Cursing under his breath, Taehyun shrugged, "Yeonjun, I really can't remember."

"It's Doctor Choi, but, anyway, did anything strange happen to you recently?" Yeonjun tore the glasses off and set them on his desk, sweeping a hand through his smooth, lemon-like hair.

Recalling the events of the night he and Beomgyu were tied-up, Taehyun kept silent. What could've happened that night that would make him like this? Did this mysterious person drug him?

Was he brainwashed or hypnotized in any sort of way? There were so many questions that Taehyun was worried he would never find the answers for. He was secretly afraid that he would stay that way forever.