ONE

"Hope, wake up mum's made breakfast." My best friend Lily said while shaking me awake. I groan and roll over trying to fall back asleep.

"Oh come on! Today is the Fall Festival." Lily said while shaking me. At her words, I jump up knocking Lily to the floor, and run downstairs.

"Sorry, Lils! Also, you should've said that first!" I call as I slide down the bannister. I can hear Lily coming down the stairs after me.

"Hey, Mrs.-sorry Mary" I correct quickly when I see the woman give me a stern look. "Ooh did you make pancakes?"

"Yes Hope I did, I know how much you love them." The older woman laughs.

"That's not fair, how come you make Hope her favourite breakfasts and not me." Lily jokingly complains from beside me.

"Hope is our guest." Mrs Evans easily replied and then turned back to the kitchen.

Lily pouts, and I laugh softly. Mrs Evans comes back carrying a plate of pancakes and places them on the dining table. Eager I find my way to the table already piling the food onto my plate. Lily laughs at my behaviour but does the same.

"Eat faster Lily, we need to have a lot of time to get ready," I told my friend.

"I'm eating as quickly as I can you nutter, not all of us can unhinge our jaws like that." Lily comments.

" I do not unhinge my jaw!" I reply indignantly but I go back to eating anyway.

"Hope, remember to chew I don't need you choking." Mr Evans says as he comes downstairs.

"This entire family bullies me," I say pouting. The Evans laugh at my childish behaviour and after a moment my lips twitch upwards. I eat my last bite and place it in the sink after rinsing it off. "Lily I'm going to pick out my outfit!" I say before going back upstairs to our shared bedroom. I hear a faint "Ok." from the girl.

I open my dresser up and look at the choices in front of me. After looking through my options, I finally settle on my blue jeans, with a flowery long-sleeved crop top. I go to the bathroom to change and do my makeup. When I come out, I see Lily looking at her wardrobe. Seeing her having trouble, I walk over.

"Need some help?" I ask.

"Yes!" Lily exclaims, "I have nothing to wear!"

I grab her shoulder to stop her from breaking down. "Lily, you'll be fine. Look we agreed that we'd both wear those matching flower crowns we got at the mall a couple of weeks back." I said. The frustrated girl nodded her head. "Ok great, then wear something flowery, like my shirt." I look at her clothes and instantly find something. I smile and lay it out for her. "Look, this is a gorgeous romper," I say brightly.

"It is how did I not see this before, what would I do without you!" Lily exclaims.

"You would crash and burn Evans," I replied cheekily.

She goes into the bathroom to change while I look for shoes. I find these new pair of lace-up sandals and decided they match pretty well. Lily comes back out with the crowns that I had mentioned earlier and hands me mine. I carefully placed it on my head. I quickly looked in the mirror to make sure my outfit was ok. I realized that it was missing something. Jewellery, how could I forget! I quickly found a beautiful necklace with little flowers inside.

When I finish putting it on, I turn back to Lily to see her ready to go. We head downstairs, say goodbye to her parents, and head to the festival. 

 I know this isn't the best, so some feedback would be great!

-kai