Chapter 1

Harry's P.O.V

It's the beginning of my fourth year at Hogwarts. The start of term banquet had just finished and everyone was tired. No one was in the common room now since they all fell asleep about an hour ago. I tried to sleep but I couldn't so I came downstairs. Now I was sitting in front of the fire on a couch. I thought back on the events of last year.

At the beginning I was made to believe that my parents' murderer however indirectly was on the loose and was after me to finish his job of wiping the Potters name clean.  This so called murderer was Sirius Black who murdered thirteen muggles and one wizard. Locked in Azkaban for over twelve years, he broke out. No one knew how he broke out since an escape from Azkaban has never happened before mostly because the dementors has all prisoners drained of the will to live within hours in that place. Knowing that someone spent more than twelve years in the most guarded part of the prison and was able to survive the dementors and also use brain cells long enough to escape and evade capture for so long was a terrible surprise. Time went on with everyone keeping me in sight always thinking that I'm mad enough to go after my parents' killer. I was even stopped from going to Hogsmade. I was angry that they're keeping me locked up because of some lunatic but as always, trouble seemed to find me. No matter all the security actions put in place, which included dementors at the schools entrance, I found myself in front of the very person I was forced to stay away from - Sirius Black. Events lead up to Sirius being caught and sentenced to a dementors kiss, a fate worse than death. Since the truth was explained before however, I felt a strong urge to save the person that I had wanted to kill for betraying my parents just mere hours ago. After waking up from being unconscious we managed to convince professor Dumbledore that Sirius was innocent. He couldn't do anything though since the ministry had decided to give him the dementors kiss already. We didn't have proof that he was free since Pettigrew escaped in his animagus form. Using Hermione's time turner we went back in time and manged to save Sirius and Buckbeak, a innocent Hippogriff.
I was excited to finally live elsewhere than the Dursleys but alas my fate was set. I wasn't to leave that hellhole anytime soon. So after a not so good year I prepared with a heavy heart to go back at the Dursleys for two whole months. Ron did say he would pick me up though to go to the Quidditch World Cup and I'll stay with the Weasleys until school re-opened. That was the only thought keeping me sane over the first month I was there.
I know what they do isn't right but even in the wizarding world I'm considered a freak sometimes. They only know to use me to fight their battles as the 'Chosen One' and their 'Golden Boy'. Before I started going to Hogwarts the beatings were only there when I did a chore in a way that didn't suit them.  That was often since everything I do doesn't suit them and their precious Dudders. Ugh more like a pig if you ask me. He would be the cause of most of my 'punishments' since he and his gang loved to play Harry Hunting distracting me from my chores causing me to not finish in time. When I started Hogwarts I thought I'll have an escape route. Boy was I wrong. A whole new set of dangerous adventures awaited me all ending in an attempt at my life. I however welcomed them. They were better than being beaten to an inch of life. During the vacations when Hogwarts was closed however, the beatings worsened tenfold. The always say they were beating the freakishness out of me. That freakishness being my magic. What muggles don't understand is that magic cannot be beaten out or removed from a witch or wizard. They were born with it. I was lucky to have my magic continuously heal me overnight or else I would have bled to death sometime in the past. I was extremely lucky to also have Hermione. In second year I got tired of wearing long sleeved clothing out of classes and asked Hermione to teach me some healing spells. She asked why obviously so I told her that it would be important to know since trouble seems to always find me. She agreed and thought me some very good ones. They work but still left scars and I Don't want questions thrown at me so I embarked to learn on my own about what I can do to hide these scars. I know that I don't like reading but I had to know some. I didn't read a lot I asked around some purebloods very subtly during random conversations about it and they didn't seem to suspect anything so that's how I learnt about glamours. This narrowed my search and since it was not considered dark magic it was fairly easy to find. I practiced a lot at nights on various things while my dorm mates were asleep until I mastered it.  I did as advanced ones that I could find that cannot be noticed even by the most powerful wizards. The one I use can only be taken off with a single spell that isn't very popular so I was confident. I take it off in the train to the Dursleys the past two summers and wear long sleeved clothing so I was never found out. It worked well so far so I was lucky.
I of course never told anyone since everyone looks up to me and Dumbledore has enough to do than worryng about this also. It's not like I'm going to die with it so it's not important.

I came out of my head only to realize that I was still in the common room. I sighed and got up. It wouldn't do to stay all night in the common room. I got about four hours till dayclean so I should try to sleep. No one was awake in my dorms so I got in bed and closed the curtains and settled in to try get a bit of sleep.