Ten

San spent the next few days trying to set Wooyoung up with Changbin. It was endlessly hard on him, but it wasn't worth it to try fight.

He found out that, despite Wooyoung's outward aggression at times, he was rather soft. He had a habit of hiding his face when he got even slightly embarrassed. And he liked skinship.

If anything this new influx of information only served to put more strain on that seal Yeosang gave him.

Seonghwa had been less than impressed about the seal at first, wanting San to follow his heart. But when he saw the increase in San's mental health he couldn't bring himself to complain.

He didn't know how it was still able to hold everything back.

"Hey, how'd it go?" San asked as Wooyoung sat beside him in the library. They both had a spare, so San decided to push Wooyoung to talk to Changbin. His glasses showed a magenta thread once more, though it seemed that the colour flickered.

Sometimes it almost seemed like the thread connecting Changbin and Wooyoung was turning blue.

"I chickened out, so he still doesn't know how I feel." Wooyoung slumped into his chair, pouting at the table. San simply chuckled and ruffled Wooyoung's hair.

"It's fine, you have as much time as you need to confess anyway." San grinned brightly at Wooyoung. Something flashed over Wooyoung's expression, before it settled into a small smile.

"Yeah, you're right. So what about you? Anyone caught your eye?" Wooyoung gently nudged San with his shoulder. This made San panic.

"Nope, of course not." San chuckled, ruffling his own hair and avoiding Wooyoung's gaze. Yet Wooyoung raised a brow in suspicion.

"Oh really?" Wooyoung wiggled his eyebrows. "Alright, I believe you." The sarcasm dripping from Wooyoung's voice was impossible to miss.

"Yes, as you should." San squared his shoulders and puffed out his chest, making Wooyoung laugh. "Hey, I have a volleyball game this afternoon." San didn't know quite how to ask, yet Wooyoung caught on.

"You want me to come?" He seemed surprised, which was something San definitely didn't understand.

"Yes, if you wanna. Yeosang and Yunho can come too!" San tried to make it less awkward. In reality, he felt like he'd perform better with Wooyoung cheering him on.

"Well Yunho wouldn't pass up the chance to see Mingi all hot and sweaty." Wooyoung joked. "You know what, sure. I'll watch your volleyball game."

"Really? Thanks!" San gave Wooyoung a little hug before going back to his notes. Having lived for so long, San already knew all the stuff he was being taught. Especially history. But then again, it did help when you lived through what they were teaching.

"All good. As long as you know what people are going to think." This darkness had clouded over Wooyoung's eyes, one that made San instantly worried.

"What do you mean?" San gently placed a hand over Wooyoung's to calm him.

"What I'm saying is you know what people say about me. How they whisper and judge. I just... they'll probably do that to you too, especially if they find out that I'm there at your request." Wooyoung said. His usually bright eyes were dull, and San hated it.

"Hey, guess what." San moved so Wooyoung could see his face. "I don't care what they think."

"You what?"

"I said I don't care. I'm friends with you, so who cares what other people think." San was grinning happily...

When a paper ball lightly bounced from the side of his face.

"So I see you've got another queer on your side. How disappointing, that I have to play sport with a nasty fag like you." It was, believe it or not, Mark. San just couldn't understand him. "I'll have to watch out, don't want you making moves on me."

"Listen here you asshole." Wooyoung's voice had dropped threateningly, and he stood as close to Mark as he could. "You leave San the fuck alone. One word to him and I'll break those kneecaps of yours." Wooyoung gave Mark one last glare before grabbing San's hand and trying to drag him away.

But San didn't budge.

"Hey wait." San gave Wooyoung a reassuring smile. "Why are you so mad if I'm potentially gay? Worried you'll fall for me?" San smirked, winking seductively and walked off with Wooyoung as the bully began to fumble with rage.

"Wow. That was oddly badass." Wooyoung giggled, deciding that it wasn't worth it to stay here and just walking straight out of the library.

"Why thank you. Did you wanna grab something to eat?" San was happily walking beside Wooyoung. He knew Mark would likely try to sabotage him in volleyball later. So he may as well have fun beforehand.

"Sure..." Wooyoung trailed off while looking behind San. And before San could ask, a voice cut him off.

"Hey Wooyoung, can we please talk?" San turned quickly to see Changbin. He seemed nervous but determined at the same time. So San just walked off and left the pair to talk.

There was a faint stab in his heart, but it wasn't as bad as before.

He could get through this.

It didn't take long for Wooyoung to return.

He seemed happy.

So San pretended he was.

"So food?" Wooyoung grabbed San's hand again, wandering down the hall. This behaviour was strange, especially when Changbin was still able to see them.

"What was that about? Did he ask you out?" San forced so much enthusiasm into his voice that he almost fooled himself. Yet Wooyoung didn't look embarrassed, not even in the slightest. He just stared up at San with a strange expression for a moment, like he wanted to say something but didn't know how.

"Sort of? He just asked me to hang out after school. Not for relationship stuff though, I don't think at least." Wooyoung said. But then San realised that Wooyoung wouldn't be able to see the game. Not that it really mattered.

Work first.

"Oh well, you can see another game someti-" "I told him no." Wooyoung cut San off, effectively surprising him to complete silence for a moment.

"What? But that could have been your chance!" San wasn't actually upset, but acting was one of his specialties and all. In reality he could barely calm his heart beat.

"I already said I'd watch you play, I'm not going back on my word." Wooyoung lightly punched San's arm. "And anyway, I wouldn't wanna miss Yunho drooling over Mingi."

"Yeah, of course not." San felt that familiar warmth gently flowing through his body, on a lesser level than before.

"So let's try again. Do you wanna actually go get food now?" Wooyoung held out a hand to San, something held in his eyes that San couldn't yet name.

"Definitely."