[11] port

Everybody was now back, the previous vehicle used was abandoned and they were now using a truck of some sort with everyone occupying the back of it

After Yosano and Ranpo dealt with the false criminal, the former treated Tanizaki who was wounded by Kouyou's ability.

And even after everything that they did, Kunikida still had this crestfallen look on his face. Atsushi knew while the others didn't, but it would be about time for them to know what happened when they were chasing around the false criminal.

"There's only one thing we can do..." Ranpo said, his eyes landing on a certain (h/c)-haired girl knowing that she would agree with him despite having no blood on her hands, up to that day at least.

"Attack Port Mafia," most of them agreed with what the detective proposed, that was their last resort after all.

Only two people were against, and just like what Ranpo expected, (y/n) wasn't one of them.

"I got a message that we shouldn't attack them, shouldn't we follow what the President said?" Atsushi asked.

The white-haired boy was wracking his brain about what they can do without having to attack Port Mafia, 'Isn't there anything we can do?'

"How about you, Kunikida?" Ranpo turned to the blonde man who had been quiet the whole time.

"We have our orders. The president wants to keep our city safe and stable," Kunikida said. Well, (y/n) expected that. The blonde man was the temporary president after all, and what Fukuzawa says he'd most likely follow.

"Well then, do you intend to find the gifted?"

"No! If I attempt that then more innocent people will die..." he was on the verge of something and (y/n) didn't know whether it was insanity or crying, "...like that little girl,"

'Oh... so that's what happened,' (y/n) thought to herself.

"You're the most virtuous person of the agency, that's why we tried to break you a little," the detective then opened the doors and with that, they went their separate ways...well, they actually had (y/n) teleport them to where they wanted to be and luckily, thanks to Kyoka being at the Port Mafia HQ earlier, she can teleport there whenever she wanted to, but she could only teleport to one spot.

The first batch was Yosano and Kenji, Tanizaki and Ranpo, and lastly, Kyoka whom (y/n) decided to go with.

All of them already had plans up their sleeves and (y/n) knew that choosing to stick with Kyoka was the best choice.

(y/n) considered herself somewhat smart but not as smart as Ranpo that's why the choice to go with him was scratched since the detective told her his plan and apparently he had Poe help him out.

Going with Tanizaki, Kenji, and Yosano would be a no-brainer but- oh, who was (y/n) kidding? The girl just wanted to stay with Kyoka just 'cause she has the need to protect her despite knowing that she was the weaker one between them and with that said, (y/n) followed Kyoka.