𝟬𝟬𝟭. the absence of life

⸻ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒊

⸻ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒊. 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆.

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆

❦❦❦

A SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL SHOULD not want to die. A seventeen year old girl should not be depressed. A seventeen year old girl should be partying with her friends and preparing for the SATs. A seventeen year girl old should not be dead inside.

People used to compliment her on her brightness, her smile. how she was so full of life. how she could make someone smile on at the drop of a hat.

She was the fun, wild half of the Gilbert twins. Eve was the type of girl to go out partying all night and turn up back at the house at four in the afternoon. She was the type of girl to bring home various boys and girls. what a mess she was.

Eve had a reason for theses things of course, she didn't act out for nothing. truth be told she wanted attention. she craved it, from her parents, peers and potential romantic partners. Her whole life eve had felt in the background, second to her sister in the eyes of her parents.

Being the oldest child sucked, always forgotten, overshadowed and left in the dust. even her so called "best friends", who always seemed to forget about her once "poor helpless elena" needed something.

Even worse, she was a twin. Always compared, always related back to, she and Elena were intrinsically linked for life. They were the sun and the moon, sky and stars. Eve would never be her own person, always related back to her sister.

She had tried to distance herself from her sister. She tried to be wilder, crazier, anything to get people's attention. When she was eleven she impulsively dyed her hair blonde in hopes of making more of a difference.

Most had expected the worst from her once she found out. that she would lash out, smash a few of Aunt Rose's horrendous china vases. that she would get over it, easy as that.

People always expected the worst of her didn't they?

The fact was people often forgot the fact that eve had died. most probably didn't want to remember, they didn't want to remember those horrible forty minuets when she was no longer breathing. Eve couldn't imagine what others had felt like.

She didn't even remember what happened, it was just a big black hole of nothing. Perhaps that was why she felt so dead.

When she died the person was removed, and all that was left was a shell. The shell looked like her, it sounded like her- but it wasn't her.