[II] BIG THINGS.

Dua was exhausted after such a long flight. It was seven am at the time they reached Dublin. Thankfully the airport was empty, and so was the flight. Very few people had boarded the plane along with them. Once outside the airport, she was just about to go to the taxi stand but a huge Car pulled up before them. Her parents opened the door and motioned for Dua and clo to climb in. Dua climbed in reluctantly as the driver started the engine of the vehicle and drove down the way.

Looking out the window, Dua noticed a lot of differences between her hometown back in Arizona and the new town that she would have to call her home. There were many fancy and common shops lined on the streets. One store that caught her attention was the retail bookstore, she thought to herself, if she had time she would definitely pay a visit to the store. The car passed a couple of more stores until it took a sudden stop in front of a huge gate.

Once the gate was opened, the car moved through a long driveway and finally pulled in front of a huge mansion. The mansion was ten times the size of their house in Arizona. Its large pillars made the house look superior and royally. The big wooden double front doors were beautifully carved with an antique design, the handle itself looked old and ancient. Without even entering the house, Dua was already in love with its design and layout. Though she hated herself for that, since she had vowed to hate anything and everything in this new life of hers, she didn’t want to give her parents the satisfaction of winning, but it was impossible to hate something as beautiful as this, especially if its designs and details were so accurately and delicately finished.

A tall thin man, most probably in his forties, came out of the house. He was wearing a formal black attire, he looked like an office secretary or employee with his black trousers and black coat and a white shirt inside. Dua would have treated him like she would treat any other person who she didn’t know or care about, mostly ignore them, if it wasn’t for the way her dad greeted the man, when he walked up to them and said to her father, “Good morning Sir, ma'am, welcome back.”

Her father embraced him like he would his own father and said to him, “Long time matt. These are my lovely daughters Clodagh and Duana. And you already know Caira, my wife.” He introduced Mr. Matt to Clo and Dua.
Dua's mother kissed Mr. Matt on the cheek, as a sign of welcome and gestured to Clo and Dua to do the same. Clo happily followed her mother’s actions but Dua hesitated for a minute until she reluctantly obeyed are ma and did the same.

Mr. Matt lead them inside the house. Dua instantly fell in love with the interior of the house too as she said, “Wow! House such as this should be in a museum!” She instantly shut her mouth in embarrassment as she wasn’t supposed to like anything. She quietly moved behind Mr. Matt, as he continued to show around the house to Clo and her.

The house looked even more big from the inside. The wooden entrance door revealed a big round room, which was the lobby area supposedly. The room was painted in light blue and yellow colours, the top was in a conical shape with a golden chandelier hanging from the center of the point. There were little golden designs on the upper, blue painted part of the walls, which made the room look very elegant and classy. The upper part of the room which was painted in blue gave a sky feeling to the room, to which Dua was very impressed by the thought put in its detailing.

To the right of the round room, just few feet away from the door was an arched staircase. To the left of the room near the door was a set of sofa and beside it was another entrance, that lead to the kitchen, breakfast table and dining room. At the end of that corridor was another staircase that also led upstairs.
Opposite the entrance door in the lobby was a straight corridor. To the right of the corridor was the study, which had lots and lots of books. The study was dark and red. Most of the things in the study displayed, were deep red in colour. The walls were deep dark red and so was the carpet. Opposite the study to the other side of the corridor was a golden mantle piece, and above the piece was a very confusing painting but nonetheless beautiful and very attractive. Straight ahead, the corridor ended to a huge room, which seemed like the living room.