{four}

{FOUR}
LUPIN HOUSEHOLD
DECEMBER 16, 1971

☆☆☆

Preparing to meet Remus's friends was terrifying to the muggle girl. She already lived with two wizards, but she was about to be bombarded with three more. What if they didn't like her? She'd be stuck in the same house with them for a week!

To ease her nerves she walked into the quaint kitchen and put on an apron to make some christmas cookies. Aunt Hope had recently given her a recipe that was her grandmothers, and seeing as they had never had the pleasure of meeting, it was nice for the girl to have something of hers.

She rolled out the dough into small balls, lining them up on the baking sheet to stick in the oven, hoping that Remus's friends would like them. She didn't know why she was wanting to impress them, maybe some part of her was hoping they'd become her friend as well.

She set the timer and tried to stop herself from biting her nails as she looked to the fireplace in preparation. She'd never traveled by floo before, but she watched Uncle Lyall do it everyday for work. So she watched, the nervousness starting to grow in the pit of her stomach.

The familliar sound of footsteps on the old creaky steps alerted the young girl that one of the Lupins was coming down, so she dusted off her apron and tried to appear like her nerves werent eating her inside out.

"Have they arrived yet!" Remus came down to ask excitedly. Camellia took a deep breath before answering.

"Nope. What are they like anyway?" They had exchanged several letters over the semester where Remus went on an on about his three best friends and the pranks they pulled around school, but Camellia still wanted to be as prepared as possible.

"James and Sirius are a lot alike. Very cocky and likes to goof around, but Peter is a lot more shy. He'll probably have a hard time talking to you since you're, you know, a woman."

Camellia couldn't help but get nervous at his description of Peter. The last the she wanted to do was make him uncomfortable while she was around.

The timer she had placed on the counter went off after a few minutes of idle chatter, prompting the girl to put a glove on her hand to retrieve the peanut butter cookies. Remus checked his watch and ran to the fireplace, expecting them to arrive soon.

And soon enough, the portal turned green as two boys walked through it, obviously having came together. Camellia tried to mentally prepare herself while she hid out in the kitchen for the third boy to get here, but much to her dismay, it didnt take him long.

She heard the whooshing sound of someone else falling through the fireplace, less graceful than the first two, and the sound of Hope and Lyall coming down to greet the boys.

Camellia took this as her cue to shovel the cookies onto a plate to bring out to them all.

Sirius Black stepped through the Lupin's fireplace eager to be reuinited with his real family. Remus had told him stories about how amazing his parent and cousin were, and he was excited to meet them.

He knew very well of the burden it was to carry the Black name, but Remus assured him that his parents wouldn't care a bit, and as for the cousin, the muggle had no idea of what his name meant.

He still couldn't get over the fact that he was living with a muggle. Walburga would throw a fit if she knew he was going to be staying in the same house as a muggle, which made him all the more eager to meet her.

Peter fell through the fireplace, tripping on the carpet and landing in a heap on the floor. The thud seemed to alert the Lupins as they both made their way down the stairs to greet them all.