𝟹0. ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ [ʀᴇǫᴜᴇsᴛ]

wordcount: 924
this is a request from: charlenekarrr
a/n: hey! sorry it took so long to upload this request! i've been really busy with school and family stuff, but i try to fit some writing into my busy schedule. i hope you enjoy this! please comment your feedback, it helps me grow as a writer :) lots of love <3

"Kie? I'm leaving!" I shout from downstairs. My sister opens her bedroom door and looks at me sceptical.
"I know I said I was okay with you going out with JJ, but are you sure? He's kinda known for being a player."
"Come on, Kie. I've know JJ since we were young, just like you. I know that he's a good guy on the inside, and secretly, you know it too."
Kie snorts. "You go, I'm not going to interfere anymore. Have fun!"
She closes her door again and I walk to our blue front door with my keys.
"And make him keep his hands to himself!" I hear Kie shout from her room.
I just grin.

Seven years ago, when I was nine, and Kiara ten, we met two guys at the beach. We were building a sandcastle when a ball destroyed our castle. I started crying and Kie tried to calm me down, when a blond boy and a boy with brown curls helped us build a new castle. Since then we were inseprebatle. John B later introduced us to Pope and the group was complete. At first it was a little anoying, having to share my friends with my sister, but now were closer than ever. That's why she was a little sceptical about me going out with JJ. But that doesn't really matter to me. I've kinda always liked JJ, and when it turned out it was mutual, I was on cloud nine.

Now we're going to get some takeout food and go to the beach. For me, the ideal date.
Our house is 5 minutes from the Wreak, so I could walk. We decided to meet there.
I see my cousin, Leila, behind the register and greet her.
"Hey y/n!" She says. "Excited for tonight?"
"Yeah, but also a little nervous..." I admit.
"Don't worry, I'm sure it's going to be great. Your food should be done any second!"

"Hey!" JJ says, happily.
I turn around and see him, looking as good as ever.
"Hi," I say, a little nervous still.
"Here's your food!" Leila says, handing JJ a plastic bag. He takes it and opens the door for me.

After a short walk we arrive at the beach. We find a nice spot, lay out a blanket and unpack the food. We eat, chat and laugh about basically everything.
I look at the sun slowly sinking down, like an orange ball droping into the water. I feel JJ's eyes staring at me.
I turn my head and look back at him. "Why are you staring?" I say, laughing a little.
"You just look really cute." He says.
I feel my cheeks getting red. He really makes me feel things.

After we finished eating and it was getting dark, I invited him to go to my house and watch a movie. My mom and dad were visiting my grandma, so it was only me and Kie at home. And I could lock her in her room, so we'd have some privacy.

Unfortunately, that went a little different. I just picked a movie and JJ was getting comfortable, when Kie barged into the room, drops down on the couch and grabs some popcorn. "So what are we watching?" She asks.
JJ looks at me, a little uncomfortable.
I grab Kie's wrist and pull her to the kitchen, where JJ can't hear us.

"Kie!" I whisper-shout. "What are you doing?"
"What?" She says, acting like she's completely innocent.
"Please! It going so good... Can you please leave us alone?"
"But I just wanna..." She whines.
"No!" I say. "You are not blowing this for me. So go up to your room, and leave us alone!"
"Fine." She says, pouting.

"Sorry about that." I say, apologizing to JJ.
"It's okay. I wish I had siblings." He says.
"So they can blow your date?"
"Nah." He laughs. "I'd just like to have a bond with someone like you guys have."
"Awww..." I say. "Come here."
I know JJ sometimes has a hard time opening up, and I'm so happy he sees me as someone he can open up to.
He gladly hugs me and we get comfortable on the couch. He wraps his arms around me and gives me kiss on my forehead.

At the end of the night, I have no idea what the movie was about. I was too busy staring at JJ.
We say goodbye when I lead him to the front door.
"I had a really great time." I say.
"Me too. Like, a really, really, really great time." He says.
"So..." I say a little nervous. "Wanna do it again?"
He softly kisses my lips. I gasp for air when he pulls away and feel my head becoming as read as a tomato.
"I'd love that." He says, winking. I wave goodbye and he takes off.

When I close the door, I get scared to death.
"Kie!" I shout. She was standing behind me, without me picking up on it. "Don't scare me like that!"
"Sorry," She says, shrugging. "You had fun?"
I nod, not being able to stop smiling.
"And did he keep his hands to himself?"
I nod again, laughing a little.
"Good. Otherwise he's in big trouble."
"Oh, stop it." I say, hitting her a little.
She kisses me on my forehead. "Sleep tight." She says, running up the stairs. "Love you!" She shouts right before entering her room.
"Love you too." I say, even though she can't hear me anymore.