42. Love Somebody

"Know, I hurt you, and I, I'm sorry.
All I wanted was to love somebody"

- Love Somebody by Lauv

•••

Win woke up later than Bright this morning. When he was still half concious, sitting on the edge of the bed, Bright had been ready to go to work.

"Win, your breakfast is ready."

Win did not answer because he still dazed.

"Win, I'm gonna come home late at night. No need to prepare for dinner."

Win nodded. "I have an appointment with the wedding organizer 8 PM because I will have 3 meetings since 10 AM." He said weakly. "Can you imagine it? I'm demotivated."

"What are you talking about?" Bright chuckled. "I'm going."

"Phi..."

"What is it?"

"Last night, you shivered again."

It had been 3 days that Bright got a fever at night. Win always raised the temperature until and hugged the older man until he did not shiver anymore. That was why he was lack of sleep.

Win always wanted to take Bright to the hospital, but Bright was consistently looked normal and cheerful in the morning. So, Win was confused about what he had to do.

"Really? I don't remember anything," Bright said. "I just remember that you hugged me so tight."

"I'm sorry."

"I don't mind."

Win got up and came out from the bedroom to the dining room. He smiled at the meal Bright cooked for him. Simple. But always touched Win's heart since he could not do the same for Bright.

"Phi, let's visit hospital this weekend. I'm kinda worried about you. Na? Na na na na na?" Win complained. He pouted to make Bright fulfilling his request this time. For many years together, it was always Win taking care of Bright at home everytime the older man was sick. That was how hard it is to persuade him to go to hospital.

"You are worrying me too much. You are the one who is busy. You are busier since you are taking care of the reception, too." Bright pinched Win's cheek to stop him from pouting. "I wish I could help you more because the reception is about us."

Win patted Bright's arms which now were wrapping his body. "You have to say yes first for my request, Phi."

"Yes."

"Okay," Win was satisfied. "Didn't you say you're going just now? Why is Phi hugging me? I have to take a shower."

"That's right," Bright released Win. "I'm going."

"Take care and come back safely."

Bright nodded. He walked towards the door and paused for quite long time after he got a hold on the knob.

"P'Bright...?"

Bright exhaled heavily, then smiled after being called. He turned his head to Win as he opened the door and waved his hand. "See you soon."

"Thank you so much for meeting me at the time like this. It finished so late," Win wai at the man and woman in front of him.

Due to his schedule today, Win only had time after office hours and the wedding organizer had time at 8 PM to meet Win. Now, it was 10.30 PM and they just finished the meeting.