T h i r t e e n

On this sunny Saturday morning, Miracle had nothing planned. She just wanted to binge watch the new Netflix shows. Her room was a mess. A mess she had made when she was deciding on what to wear for the day. In the end, she just went with her custom made navy blue robe and matching leggings.

A knock on her door made her pause the last episode of Far From Home. She started the series a while ago after she had lunch and she hasn't once paused it. Well, except now.

"Who is it?"

"Just open the door, Miracle." Of course, Leila. The only person who randomly checks up on her. Leila entered, shook her head at the state of her room. She told Miracle to start fixing it immediately.

"By the way, someone's waiting for you downstairs and don't come down wearing that." Leila informed. It was as if she had forgotten why she came into the room in the first place after seeing the room.

Miracle heard the door close and her mind starting spiralling. She thought about who might be waiting for her and her first guess was Chris but that was wishful thinking. Her second guess was Charis but she immediately ruled that out when she remembered what happened the last time Charis came over. She couldn't even call the last one on her mind a guess, it was merely a thought. Those were the people that associated with her and could potentially visit her. She had other friends too, Ethan and Leila but Ethan didn't need to visit her because they live in the same house and it couldn't be Leila.

Before she knew it, she was dressed and ready to satisfy her curiosity.

"Peré?" She was so confused and pleasantly surprised at the same time. Nobody visits her so, it was very much appreciated on her path. She noticed how his eyes left hers as he checked her out so subtly. Maybe she shouldn't have worn a tracksuit. The last time he saw her, she was in a dress, and she had make-up on and her hair was done and now, her hair was messy and her face was bare. She didn't even put lip balm on.

I should start making better decisions, Miracle scolded herself as she shifted her weight from one leg to the other.

"I can't possibly offer you a seat in your own house, Miracle." He smiled.

Miracle sat down next to him cautiously, noting that they're now alone in the downstairs living room.

"H-How are you?" She asked, stumbling over her words as she cleaned her sweaty palms on her thighs.

"Why are you so on the edge? You seemed so carefree the last time we met. Which was also the first time but that's irrelevant." He paused, but before he could go on, she cut him off.

"Have you even seen the pictures? They're-"

"-all over social media, I know. Which is why I came here. I also know your parents aren't around. I made sure to check well, I don't want to get you in any trouble. The media's scandal is more than enough trouble for you."

When Miracle couldn't find words, he continued, "And I brought these. I made them. Well, I tried to make them as perfect as they could get but baking doesn't always go according to plan." He handed her a box.

She opened it and it was filled with Macarons of different colours. She couldn't help but smile at him. A very sincere smile that definitely did something to Peré.

"Take it as my apologies. I didn't mean to drag you into the media in such an abrupt manner. " He said, "There's Pistachio and white chocolate, Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Lemon, Red velvet, Vanilla, Blueberry and of course, Lavender. "

"You made nine different flavors? But you said they were your arch enemy in dessert form." She joked.

"I had to challenge myself. Next time, I'll have even more flavors."

"You're already thinking about the next time?"

"Should I not?" He questioned, confused.

"No, no. I just never thought I'd have another friend this soon. I didn't even think I'd make friends. " She tried to laugh it off but she already offset the mood.

"Can I try them now?" She asked, successfully dismissing the previous mood.

"I've been waiting for you to do that. Try the Salted Caramel one first."

And she did. She tried them all and he asked for ratings so she gave her ratings on each flavor.

"The chocolate one is my favorite. It's simple and really good," Her voice came out muffled since she had just taken a bite of a Macaron. When she realized that she was talking with her mouth full, she quickly slapped a hand to her mouth and lowered her head slightly.

Peré just found it amusing. He took one look at his watch and said, "I have to go now, Miracle."

"Thank you," She stood up from the couch. "For visiting me."

"Well, it wouldn't be the last time." He smiled. "I'd have stayed a bit longer but I have a meeting scheduled today, and I need to prepare for it." He sighed, shoving his hands into his trousers pockets.

"Let me see you off, then."

"No, no. I'm sure there are paparazzis right outside the gate. It's best if you stay out of their sight."

"I'm already in the media, they know I exist, and they want to know who I am. What's the worst that could happen?"

"Miracle, trust me, you do not want the paparazzis to be part of your daily life." Peré said, stepping closer to Miracle, towering over her. "It's tiring."

The sound of the door opening startled them a bit. Miracle's parents walked in, looked around and saw the pair.