Chapter 4 • Bored

Senku stared out the window. Sitting in the last class for the day, he was unable to process anything. His day was ruined in a good way after lunch. Everything was a blur. Even classes he enjoyed felt like a drag. Hell, he didn't even know which class he was sitting in currently. His mind was dormant, the one thing it shouldn't be, as an aspiring scientist.

But he didn't care. It didn't matter. For now or ever? He couldn't answer that. But all he wanted now was to sit in the same place where he was now and just stare out the window forever. Without moving a muscle and without a care in the world. Senku would be contented with that. But every time you want something, you don't get that.

"Ishigami!" Rang the voice of his teacher.

"Yes?" He said startled out of his thinking.

"I asked you a question."

Senku looked around nervously. "Uh... Sensei, could you repeat it?"

His teacher sighed and said, "An example of Nematoda is...?"

"Roundworms," Senku answered confidently. Oh, he was in biology all right.

"Correct." His teacher turned to the board and scribbled something. "Pay attention the next time."

"Yes, Sensei..."

Another fifteen minutes went by with Senku only half concentrating. "Ishigami!" He heard someone call out.

A few really awkward milliseconds passed as he processed what was happening. "Yes, sensei?"

"Sora Sensei wants to see you," he said indicating a girl standing outside the door. Senku could only assume the student was here to pass on the message.

Without a word he picked up his bag and scurried out of the classroom. She looked at him weirdly. Senku just half-shrugged and half-rolled his eyes at him and kept walking. When he reached the end of the hallway was when he realised he didn't know where he should be going. Face palming, he turned around to face her. She was still giving him that weird look. Senku stared right back at her. A few seconds passed with no movement. The awkwardness on one side was growing while the other just stared on with no expressions on his face.

"Where am I supposed to meet Sora Sensei again?" Senku asked uncertainty.

"Um, the staff room," the girl said.

"Oh okay, thanks."

Sighing, Senku made his way to the staff room. He was supposed to meet Sora Sensei, the head of the science department. Letting his legs guide him instead of his brain, he turned his attention to useless things like the wall colour and such. Looking out one of the few windows in the corridor, he saw one of the caretakers tending to the flowers. Surprisingly, he recognised those flowers. They were Black Nightshade. His mother had gotten it for him this morning.

Senku continued walking. He wasn't exactly in the mood to deal with his teacher which led him to postpone the meeting to tomorrow and skip his last class. He could spend his time in the library but then the librarian would question him. There was nothing to do in the bathrooms either.

That was when he realised he was back to his lunch spot. He had come here without realising it. Not that he minded where he was when skipping classes. All he wanted was to not do anything. He could go to Sora sensei tomorrow and give a lame excuse for not coming the previous day. Senku was a pretty good student so he didn't think the teacher would tell him off. Opening his bag, he pulled out a few books. All of them had something to do with the topic he was learning about then- Quantum Biology. Flipping through the pages, he started from where he left off.