Chapter 14

I ride to the base. Sleipnir and I canter at the speed Steve and Bucky are moving. It is so comfortable riding Sleipnir. You barely has a bouncy gait. I just sit among his back with my weapons. My purple cape flows behind me and shines in the light.

I look down at Steve on my left and he looks up at me with a grin. I look to my left and Bucky does the same thing when he notices I'm looking at him. I grin at both of them and I rub Sleipnir's mane and neck.

I decided to ride him bareback, which is without a saddle. I keep my heels down and my hands grip his mane. I keep my posture upright and my knees equal to each other. I remember to breathe and not hold my breath in. I can feel Sleipnir asking to go faster. I lean forward and he takes off stretching his stride.

I angle him into the woods and we jump over a fallen log. I see a tree branch coming up and I swing up. I motion for Sleipnir to keep moving. I make a clone of myself to ride him. I swing from tree to tree swiftly and watch him break through the clearing.

He is stopped by a few men. The clone of myself smirks down at the men and grabs her sword. She holds it up to them. I watch them talk to her and I give her answers. Suddenly a shot comes out of nowhere.

She falls off of Sleipnir and to the ground in a heap. She looks she actually has a bullet wound. I hear Bucky and Steve yell when they see her on the ground. The men smirk down at her and I wave my hand making her to dust.

I send a sniper bullet at the man who 'shot' me. I teleport down onto Sleipnir's back and aim my sword at the men's neck. I take the hilt and slam it into their heads, knocking them out.

"Good acting, Sleipnir." I praise and pat his neck. I turn to Steve and Bucky. "Sorry about that, but like I said when I go into battle, I'm always ready to die." I say and ride away. I watch Steve rush in and set the bomb in place.

I wait for him to come out as I count down the minutes it should take him to get in and get out. When he goes over to two minutes that he should've came out I steer Sleipnir towards the building. I jump off and tell him to move away.

I run in and down the hallways. I hear the whirr of a shield and I run towards the sound. I see Steve beating his way through ten men. I raise my sword and charge at the men. I leave deep cuts on them. I grab Steve and get the bomb out of his hands.

I run to the middle of the building and hide it. I have three minutes to get it out. I run and grab Steve who is still battling men. I rush him through the hallways and out the door. Sleipnir is waiting there and I put Steve on him.

"Sleipnir, Run!" I yell and he stands there. "Run!" I scream and he runs with Steve on his back. I turn back and fight them and suddenly it explodes. Fire shoots out and I hear screams from Sleipnir. Metal tries to plunge itself in the armor on my arms. The fire threatens to burn normal people.

I turn around and walk out of the explosion with the fire billowing behind me. The base is blown to smithereens behind me and suddenly a grenade lands in front of me and I look up to see Bucky accidentally threw it.

When he notices me he screams my name. I pick up the grenade and throw it to the top of the falling building, where it blows in the air. Shrapnel bangs off my armor and I run towards the building.

I jump up into the air and stab my sword into the ground again. It uproots the ground before me and the building collapses to a heap on the ground. Hoof beats come up to me and it's only Sleipnir with no rider.

Suddenly bullets whizz through the air. I mount.

"Do you have some sort of trick saddle where I can stand on your back?" I ask and he suddenly has one with four stirrups two up high to stand. I slide my feet in them and stand up. I make a bow and make arrows that obliterate people.