Chapter 7

He stood where it all began - the old fountain in front of their middle school. That's where had started it; that was where their amazing journey began, and now, he couldn't be any happier to have met them that day - that one fateful day.

They were now different whether they liked it or not. Maybe time was to blame - it has its ways to change people; or maybe it really was fate that had bought them together.

Whatever it was, it didn't matter. For it was that day that changed them - the day they met.

The atmosphere felt different now. It was finally felt peaceful. It was as if things were finally in place; like life had finally settled down and given them a chance to breathe and to finally be free.

Although it was only a momentary comfort, they were willing to relish it.

They were now together, and that's what mattered. If they had each other, they could carry on.

Life goes on as it does, and they'll be nothing more than a few souls that once wandered this planet thinking that the World was theirs to conquer. Maybe it was.

For after all, it is all but a matter of perception. For some, seeing their loved one smile could very well mean the World.

For after all, those who run after conquering the material World always end up empty handed.