chapter 11: proof

THANK YOU FOR 200 READS!

*beep... beep*

I groaned as I got up to turn off my alarm on my phone. At least I woke up, right? Wait, what time is it?

"8:50?!?!?"

I scrambled out of bed and nearly fell while doing so. I ran into my closet and grabbed a black cat noir t-shirt and some ripped pale green jeans. I threw them on as fast as I could and shoved my stuff in my backpack, grabbing it, and throwing it over my shoulder. 

"Tikki! Can you get in my bag? I'm late!"

Tikki knew I didn't have time to talk and just flew into my bag as I ran down the steps to the bakery. I grabbed a croissant on the way, hoping it makes a decent breakfast. I finished my croissant and ran out the bakery door to school. I checked the time on the way. Ok, so my first class just let out... great. I'm really late...

I ran into the school and immediately regretted it. I thought the rumors were bad last week, but they seemed worst. What lies did Lie-la spew them this time?

I tried to find Alya and Chloe in the courtyard, but I couldn't get through. After a minute, I heard Lila, so I went towards her to figure out what the heck she was doing and I found her talking to Alya, Chloe, Adrien, and Nino. I walked closer to hear what they were talking about.

"I swear guys! Marinette is evil! She's been bullying me in the bathroom for the past week..."

Alya facepalmed and said "Why should we believe you? You're just a stupid liar trying to get attention!"

"No I'm no-"

"Yes you are!" Chloe interrupted "Stop lying about our friend! She's the nicest person in the world, you just want to take her amazing life away from her!"

Lila teared up and ran off. Kim and Alix went up to my friends and said some insults and walked away. I decided that this would be a decent time to go to my friends.

"Marinette! How are you? Nobody hurt you right? Lila spread more rumors about you, that lying brat!" Chloe and Alya said, practically in sync.

"Girls, I'm alright, let's just get to class..."

Class went by as slow as possible. Apparently, the only people that believed me was Alya, Chloe, Adrien and Nino. Maybe Rose and Juleka, but they still looked a little disappointed whenever I was around. Everyone glared at me, their stares were like knives in my heart. I have known these people for years... they believe a liar over me? They know I would never hurt anyone! Why would they believe her. 

Class ended and we went to our lockers to get our things for our next class. I opened my locker and replaced my math book in my hands with my french literature textbook. Out of anger, I kicked my locker closed. Why would Lila say that stuff? Why is she ruining my life?

I sulked to my next class and barely focused. All I remember was opening my textbook and then leaving class after the bell. I was so mad and sad and so many other things that I didn't even drool over Adrien. I didn't even notice the many times he turned around and looked at me to make sure I was okay.

We had gone through quite a few classes and next we had lunch. I got out of class and put away my books. Then I went in the bathroom. I quickly washed up and headed to the cafeteria. Everyone was going to eat there today. I headed in and got in line. I grabbed a sandwich, some fruit and a carton of milk. I headed over to my group's normal table but stopped midway.

Lila was crying and she was bruised all over. Everyone was concerned except for Chloe and Alya. I could hear Lila sobbing,

"It was M-Marinette! She beat me again for telling everyone... h-help.."

Chloe stepped towards her. "No it wasn't! I don't believe you."

"Neither do I," said Alya.

"I-I have proof!"

I quietly gasped. I'm pretty sure a few other people did too, including Alya and Chloe.

Lila brought her shaky hand down from her face to the ground. She pushed herself up from the floor. She was standing, but her legs were shaking. She grabbed her phone from her back pocket and slowly typed in the password. She tapped on the screen a few times, turned her phone so it was in landscape format and showed Alya and Chloe.

Everyone gathered around the phone so I couldn't see anything. Everyone gasped and some of them seethed. What is she showing them? 

Someone turned around and saw me. They pushed me towards the center, where Lila, Chloe, Alya, Adrien, and Nino were. I dropped my lunch tray on the ground when they pushed me and I fell on the ground from the force of them stopping. I sat up, covered in my lunch. I pushed myself up from the ground and wiped my clothes quickly, then I looked at my friends.

Alya and Nino looked angry. No, they looked like they wanted to strangle me. Chloe looked... sad for me... Well, she knows I'm Ladybug. She's knows I would never hurt anyone. Finally, I looked at Adrien. He looked, disappointed? I couldn't tell because as soon as I looked at him, someone slapped me. It was Alya.

"How could you? I thought I knew you! You were my best friend! You're supposed to tell me everything! I know how much you hate Lila, but don't HURT her!"

She continued venting to me, everyone watching, but all I could think was about what she said at first...

"W-were your best friend?"

Alya stopped ranting. She turned towards me and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Yes. I don't stand with you on this, you've gone too far. I'm not your friend anymore. Let's go Nino." 

HEY!! I actually posted before I said I would and made a decently long chapter for once! I'm sorry for the infrequent posts. It's just about a week before Thanksgiving break so my teachers are loading us up on homework. Anyways, hope you liked the chapter! check out my conversations tab for when I post, and as always, have a good day/night wherever you are in the world!

word count: 1075