The Day After

In Claude's bedroom

Samuel P.O.V.

My mind goes blank while Claude's hands brush against my cheeks. He brings his face closer and closer to the point our noses touch.

I have to stop this.

"Clau-"

His face goes past mine, and he rests his head on my shoulder. His arms drop to his sides as if they were lifeless.

"I'm sorry," Claude says quietly.

I hesitate before saying anything. What just happened?

I place my right hand on his left shoulder. "Claude?" I whisper.

No response. Maybe he fell asleep. But what kind of person almost... kisses someone and sleeps afterwards...?

His body falls off of my shoulder as I try to gather my mind back together, and Claude plops back onto the bed. His wavy brown hair looks messier, and his emerald green eyes are sealed away by sleep.

I reposition his body on his bed and gently place his head down onto his pillow, and I turn towards the door.

Do I want to leave? Should I just stay here? Just to make sure he's okay, of course. Nothing else...

I make up my mind and walk out of Claude's room and gently close the door behind me.

What had happened in that room was... confusing. Maybe I'll ask him about it tomorrow.

The next morning in Claude's room.

Claude's P.O.V.

Ugh. I can barely open my eyes. It's pitch black outside. What time is it?

I sit up and look for my clock, and it reads 4 am...

What even happened? I remember Samuel coming into my room and-

Oh my gosh. I did not. Please tell me I didn't try to kiss him..

Oh no, no, no, no, no, no.

It must've been a dream, yes?

Yes. Okay, I'll leave it at that.

I grab my blanket and lay back down. I close my eyes, trying to fall back to sleep.

Dang it. I can't sleep.

I sit back up and sit down at my desk. Maybe I can read until I pass out, or replay me... almost kissing... 

You know what? I'll just forget about it. I bet Samuel was half-asleep anyways, since it was kind of late... right?

3 hours later in Claude's room.

The sun's up now. I cannot believe I stayed awake for 3 hours... just thinking about... kissing Sam-

My bedroom doors fly open and castle servant rush in. Two of them carrying my royal cape, another holding a try of hot towels, and the rest... you know, royal things.

Along with the castle servants, Samuel walks in with his right arm bent to his lower chest like a butler. Well, I mean he is my personal servant in the castle.

The servants all do their usual things; give me my morning facial, dress me, report any news from my parents as well as the kingdom's people.

The basic daily duties.

Once they finish their duties, they all leave the room while Samuel remains.

I take a seat at my desk. My head rests in the palm of my right hand, and I sigh.