☽❅❆⋆✶(十八)✶⋆❆❅☾

"renjun ?" jaemin called, after walking for a small while.

renjun took his eyes off of donghyuck's back, directing them at the pink haired.

"what is it ?"

it was unusual for renjun to look at him directly in the eyes, so he got caught off guard at first. he starred intensely into renjun's wide-opened eyes, almost forgetting what he wanted to say.

renjun blushed, feeling small under jaemin's gaze. he cleared his throat, and that seemed to pull jaemin out of his trance.

"oh, sorry." he smiled nervously. "did i make you uncomfortable ?"

"no, it's okay. but, um... did- did you want anything ?"

"me ? oh, right ! i wanted you to- i mean, if it's okay with you, of course, but like, if you could come somewhere with me ?"

"where ?"

jaemin smiled lightly. "i want to dye my hair again."

"really ? but you don't look like you've had pink for a long time."

jaemin shrugged. "it's been a few months. but i want changes, now."

"what color do you want ?"

"i'm not sure. got any idea ?"

renjun thought about it for a few seconds.

"hm... blue ?"

"blue ? you think ?"

"yeah, i think it'd suit you."

jaemin grinned. "i'm doing blue, then. and you ?"

"me ?"

"yeah, don't you want to try another color ?"

"i... am not sure." he said slowly. "is my actual color not good ?"

"what, of course it's good. honestly you look wonderful with this color." he smiled.

renjun blushed. "don't exaggerate." he looked away.

jaemin cooed at him. "you're adorable."

renjun blushed harder. "stop it ! i don't like it."

"what ? the truth ?"

"no, lies."

jaemin pouted, "they aren't, though."

"whatever. let's just change the topic." he thought quickly about what to say, before jaemin could have the chance to protest. "oh, um... if i were to change my hair color, which one would you suggest ?" he turned his face to him.

"pink." jaemin answered, without a second thought.

"pink ? i'm taking my turn after you ?"

"i mean, you could see it like that." he chuckled. "i just know you'd look amazing with pink hair."

renjun shrugged, deciding to ignore the —somewhat— compliment.

"fine, then, i guess i'll do pink."

jaemin smiled widely. "great ! let's go !"

he held renjun's hand tighter, and took another direction, to go to the hair salon.

"shouldn't we inform hyuck and jisung ?"

"nah, when they'll notice we're missing, they'll probably send a message or something. let's keep it a secret and make it a surprise, though."

"you think we should ?"

renjun would lie if he said that keeping such a thing a surprise didn't make him anxious. in fact, the reactions and attention he'd get always made him feel uncomfortable and uneasy. he liked it better when he was being ignored.