Chapter 3 - Fitz

"Stupid," I thought, "Stupid, stupid, stupid." My dad is sick, and there is nothing I can do. All there is to break my stuff, and blame everything and everything especially Sophie. I can't believe her because of her my dad is gone.

A few days later the Council came to Everglen, as I tried to stay as far away as possible. However, that did not happen they came up to my room.

"Mr. Vacker, we were wondering if you can track Miss Foster's thoughts," Councillor Emery asked.

I let out a cold, bitter laugh. "Seriously," I asked, "You really think I would want to transmit to that traitor."

"Yes, we do. You're the only one who can find her. Sophie and Keefe have been missing for three days. They went on a ride with Silveny, but only Silveny came back. I know she is not your favorite person right now, but according to Grady, they went to go on a mission to help your father, and to fix her."

Hearing all of that made my heart stop. I couldn't believe it. They went out into nowhere, worked their butts off. Meanwhile, what was I doing sitting around. Doing nothing oh heck no. I got to find them.

I accept, and immediately try to find Sophie's mind. I end up going into a wall of silence. I try to transmit, but nothing happened. 

"I can't," I said.

The council immediately went into panic mode. I ran out of the room, and went to the edge of the lake.

I started to cry. They might die, and it will be all my fault.