Pure and Innocent Highschool Love!

Don't ask me how I ended up in a romance novel, don't ask me how I ended up in this situation, and don't ask me what my name is. Why? Because I don't fucking know.

Pursing her lips, the girl lay silently on the ground without budging an inch. She donned a pretty school uniform, the type you would see in manhwas or webtoons. It wasn't uncomfortable and looked awesome, albeit the skirt was a little short.

She only moved when she started feeling uncomfortable with the dampness of the grass below her. Slowly getting up, she was surprised to see that she was lying down quite close to the bank of a river. It took her a moment to register the beautiful sight around her. It was unlike anything she had seen.

Well, that was what she thought at least. It's not like she remembered anything before waking up here. The palpitations of her heart and the feeling of awe she felt was enough for her to assume that this was the most beautiful scenery she had been witness to.

"Meng Xi!" She was startled when she heard the shriek- no, the call of another girl. "What are you doing here? The bell must have already rung five minutes ago! Five!! Can you believe it?" A slightly chubby girl in a similar uniform stopped in front of her, huffing with her hands on her knees as she attempted to catch her breath. 

Meng Xi? Is that my name?

'Meng Xi' looked behind and around her before realizing that she was the only one the girl could be talking to. Was... Was her name really Meng Xi?

She then looked up and began to laugh jovially, "Remember? Our teacher said we were gonna get detention for an entire two weeks if we're late one more time!"

She wiped the sweat off her face nonchalantly as she felt the breeze flow through her hair and cool her off. She didn't look as though she had been the one who just spoke about punishment.

"..." The corners of Meng Xi's lips twitched slightly as she tried to force herself to calm down. Was she supposed to remember that? She didn't... She only just figured out what her name was, okay?

And please, could you at least try to look upset? You look as though you're posing for an advertisement right now!!! Why is there wind blowing at her hair? It's not even windy... Someone stop this, this isn't realistic!

"Well? What are we waiting for?! Let's go!" The girl grabbed Meng Xi's wrist, tugging her and beginning to run once more.

Startled, Meng Xi didn't get a chance to stabilize herself. She felt herself tilt forwards. Her eyes widened and she lost her breath as she was met with the girl's shocked expression.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion and she felt her heart pounding erratically. Without even thinking, Meng Xi grabbed the girl's shoulders and quickly switched positions with her so that she would be the one to take the brunt of the fall.

When she felt herself slam against the concrete ground, she swore she heard something crack. To make matters worse, she had to muster all her strength to make sure the girl didn't fall down and crush her. She really might die if that happened.

Meng Xi grit her teeth as she held her breath. The girl might look small, but she sure weighed quite a ton. Her dumbfounded look made Meng Xi's hand itch. She felt a strange urge to... smack her in the face.

Is this fun for you? Are you comfortable, girl? Stop looking at me like an idiot and get off!!!

Her arms trembled as she tried her best to keep the girl up, but she ended up gasping for air and pushing the lass off in the matter of merely a few seconds.

The girl rolled to the left, lying down right next to Meng Xi on the sidewalk. Her face was flushed pink, but it wasn't as bad as Meng Xi who was quite literally sweating buckets.

Meng Xi seemed to have forgotten about the irritation she had felt only seconds ago completely. Wiping the sweat off her face, she stared at her clenched fist in apprehension.

What exactly was that? Her body had practically moved on its own to save that girl. Something had 'controlled' her, she was sure as hell that she wouldn't have done it on her own.

Hiss... Meng Xi grit her teeth, lying back down on the ground without moving. She had only tried to move a little bit but it was so painful that she was close to screaming out. WTF?! Was her spine fucking broken?

"M-Meng Xi!" The girl yelled abruptly, getting up and kneeling down next to her. Meng Xi slowly twisted her neck over to stare at the girl with a cold expression and felt her composure shatter when she saw the girl's sparkling eyes.

"You were so cool! You were just like a hero in those movies, you know, when you went to save me!!! Omg!" The girl started squealing as she grabbed Meng Xi's hand and held it tightly.

...It's possible to die from having your spine broken, right?

"Ah?! Qiao Yan, is that you? What are you girls doing lying down in the middle of the road like that? Shouldn't you be at school?" An elderly lady walking on the sidewalk gasped in surprise when she saw the state of the two.

Qiao Yan giggled as she rubbed her nape, "Hi Auntie! Yeah, we fell down just now..."

Meng Xi gasped for air as she grabbed onto Qiao Yan's sleeve, pulling at it aggressively. "Ah," Her throat was hoarse, causing her to cough for a bit. Voice scratchy and quiet, she whispered, "Girl, my back..."

Qiao Yan looked completely oblivious for a second before noticing how pale Meng Xi was. "Oh my gosh!!! Auntie, call the ambulance! I think she's broken! Auntie, my friend might have broken something!"

"Dear Lord, what happened?! Auntie is calling the ambulance, auntie is calling the ambulance! YanYan, don't worry!" The woman began to fumble around anxiously. In a matter of seconds, a crowd began to surround Meng Xi.

Meng Xi felt herself deflate as she lied on the ground, completely out of energy and wishing she could just pass out instantaneously.