38

Raelynn Smith

As we walk out the shop hand in hand while they swing in unison I couldn't stop looking into Harry's forest green eyes.

His eyes were eyes that looked at me and liked what they saw, eyes that saw someone who was beautiful, eyes that saw me as clever, eyes that saw me as funny and witty, eyes that saw mine fill with tears, eyes that could just look at me and speak more than words ever could, eyes that reminded me I was beautiful even if I couldn't see it in myself. His eyes had so much light and potential but sometimes he hid it, eyes that told a story that consisted of one million things in one chapter, eyes that didn't always express how they truly felt, eyes that looked into mine and made me never want to look away.

"What are you looking at?" He says while smiling

"You." I blurt out without even realising

"Oh yeah?" He raises one eyebrow up and smirks at me.

"Don't get ahead of yourself styles." I say while playfully shoving him

I look down at the 4 shopping bags in my hand, each item of clothing I was beyond grateful for. He didn't have to do that, I didn't even deserve it.

"Thank you so much."

"For what?" He says while wrapping his arm over my shoulder

"For all these."

"Don't even think on it. You deserve it."

Did I?

It was getting darker now so I could only see the basic silhouette of the outlines of all the sky scrapers that contrasted with the now pastel coloured sky from the setting sun.

Al I knew was that I'd never get over it. As I said before the sky was one of my favourite things about the earth. Everyday it would be different colours filled with different clouds or maybe no clouds at all, it was the limit of most people's dreams, it held so many secrets and it looked after so many loved ones, at night the stars shone in it making it look like a thousand sequins had been plastered over the pitch black colour, other days it looked like a painting that you could interpret many things from. It was truly astonishing.

I look over at Harry who looks down at his watch and smirks

"What?" I ask out of curiosity

"Wait here." He says as he holds me by my forearms to keep me still

I was nervous but excited

"Okay. Watch this." He says as he holds out his right arm in front of me so I look at his watch

9:59pm

"What are we-"

"5... 4...3....2...1."

I blinked and all of a sudden. Building after building, like dominos almost, all the city lights came on. People were getting out of their cars, getting pictures taken, the lot. It was so beyond bright it felt like a million torches were being shone in my eyes, that didn't stop me from looking away.

I felt a gasp leave my lips as I walk out further into the road where all the cars had stopped to admire for the same reason. I felt myself spin around slowly with my head facing the very peak of all the buildings.

This was New York.

It was everything I had thought of and more. Harry walks up behind me

"What do you think."

I couldn't even answer him. I was too lost for words. The fact that something this amazing was about 20 minutes away was beyond me. I was so grateful to be a part of this city, Pursuing my dreams.

I feel myself turn around so my eyes meet Harry's. I go on my tip toes and rest my lower arms on his shoulders while my hands linked together towards the back of his neck.

You could put all the men in the city in a line and I would immediately spot Harry because of his piercing emerald eyes.

This was the softest I'd ever seen any of his features. He had a slight curl that covered over one of his eyes as I brushed it out the way.

This city and this man both took my breathe away. They were both just as exquisite as each other for different reasons.

"You're eyes look really nice in this light."

I blush like crazy but this time, I don't put my head to the ground. I smile and thank him for the compliment. Harry has helped me to love myself. It obviously wasn't going to happen overnight but I was slowly getting there.

"Shall we head back? I'm exhausted." I say while rubbing my eyes and stretching a bit.

"Sure." He says as he grabs my hand and walks me back to his motorcycle. We walk back down a few isolated roads where the only sound we could hear was the echo of our feet as we walk, and the only light provided was the lights from the city in the distance.

That was something I would never forget and I'd definitely have to message my mum about it later.

"Ah ha there it is." Harry says while clicking the key allowing the lights on the back of the motorcycle to illuminate.

We walk a bit faster over to it and I struggle to get on it. I feel Harry's hand wrap around my waist and lift me up so my legs straddle the leather seat.

He hops on after me causing the bike to move to the side slightly as I flinch.

"Hold on." He says and in a heartbeat I wrap my hands around his waist.

I feel him rev the engine and the motorcycle to vibrate. The exhaust is loud behind me and causes a light trail of smoke to leave it.

Without hesitation we are off down the road. We have to drive around a bit more in the city to actually get out of it. As we do I just let lose.

I allow the wind to blow my hair in all different directions, I hear the breeze howling in my ear, I embrace the city lights as they zoom passed me faster than my eyes could keep up with.

I close my eyes and rest my head on Harry's back as we get onto smoother road. I inhale a deep breathe and let it go. I was just so glad to be living in this moment. I couldn't hear it but I could feel Harry breathing as my cheek was against his back. It was enough for me to feel safe and protected.

With what feels like endless skyscrapers and trees zooming past us, we eventually make it back to the uni. Harry puts the bike on the stand and hops off. I swing my leg over and follow closely behind him.

We make our way up the stairs while laughing with each other and recalling that experience when I open the door to be greeted with nothing but heat.

I walk in the door and cup my hands together to breathe into them for them to warm up a bit.

"Jesus Harry how were you not cold. I forgot I had your jacket on."

"It's fine. Just as long as you were warm enough then I was okay."

I blush at his remark.

We both walk side by side as we make our way back to our rooms. He walks me back to mine and kisses me on the forehead before walking back to his.

I unlock the door and watch him walk off. Before he was out of my earshot I say

"H-Harry."

"Yes Ray." He says as he turns around to walk back over to me.

"Stay with me tonight?"

//this book is growing so fast for me and I can't thank all of you enough🥺🤍