Chapter 5.

F I V E
-practice-

After Louis heard the bell, he grabbed his stuff off the table and walked out of the classroom. It was Tuesday and he just finished his seventh period. That day would be the first day he would actually be in a gym. He was quite afraid of it. What if he couldn't keep control? That was why he made a deal with himself:

do not move more than necessary.

So he slowly walked through the busy hallways of the school, towards the place he would meet up with a boy named Harry. The only thing he wanted to do at that moment, is to cancel it. But he knew if he did, he would get questions about it. Questions he didn't want to answer.

Once he arrived at the spot, he didn't see the curly boy yet. He waited for a few minutes, but he started to lose hope. Why would he even show up? Never had anyone kept their promises towards him, so why would this random boy who he had seen just a few seconds show up. Eventually he started to shook his head for how stupid he had been, thinking he'd show up.

"Why are you shaking your head?" A sudden voice asked. Louis abruptly stopped and looked straight into a pair of green eyes. "So?" He asked again, after Louis still didn't answer.

"Because I can."

Harry smiled. "Have you been here for a long time?"

"It depends what you mean with a long time." Again, he smiled.

"Sorry I was late, I had to stay in class longer."

"What, you forgot your homework or something?" The smile again, which started to get on Louis' nerves.

"No, my history teacher is my father." Harry shrugged.

"Really? That's messed up."

He laughed. "Sometimes, but I actually quite like it." It stayed quiet for a second, mostly because Louis didn't want to say anything else.

But, Harry did like talking. "So how do you like this new school? I heard you were new here."

Louis shrugged slightly. "Don't you have practice?" He asked.

The smile.

"First of all, we have practice. Second of all, it's okay if you don't like this school, you can tell me."

"I don't want to like this school,' Louis said sincerely.

Harry frowned. "Not the answer I expected." Before he could even ask why he didn't want to like this school, Louis interrupted him.

"Shouldn't we go to practice?"

Harry smiled again. "Yeah, sure."

Once they opened the door to the dressing room, a lot of players were already there. They all started hollering. "Harry!" "Yes captain!" It amazed Louis how everyone liked and respected Harry in such a positive way. Frankly, to Louis it seemed hard not to like Harry. He really is sweet and nice to everyone. In that sense you could say he was the exact opposite of Louis. He probably was in a lot of ways different than Louis.

The kind sweet hearted boy and the damaged cold hearted boy.

Harry greeted them back happily and walked further into the room. "This is Louis, he's going to train with us today." They greeted him in different kinds of greetings, while Louis just stood there. Harry smiled and pointed to a bench to which he walked. Louis followed.

Harry reached into the bag and the moment he pulled out the pair of sport shorts and a sports shirt, he clumsily dropped them to the floor. Harry quickly grabbed them and handed them over to Louis with a warm smile. "I hope they fit."