Chapter 25: Closer

Kyanna

"Miss Whitfield, according to your blood test and your urine, you are about six and a half weeks pregnant."

Doctor Bryant's words echoed through my mind rapidly as I sped to Omar's house. My life is over, no more drinking, no more parties, nothing. This stupid ass nigga knew he nutted in me and didn't get a plan b or nothing . He still gets to live his fucking life, he doesn't have to carry a baby, his body doesn't have to change rapidly over the next nine months; Mine does!

Ain't no telling how my grandma gone react, she might fuck around and kill me behind this shit. I gotta change my whole life around for some bullshit.

You lucky son of a bitch

I pulled into his driveway, seeing his car being the only one sitting there. I hopped out of my car, slamming my door and storming up to their front door. I banged on it, not caring how loud I was or how much my hand was hurting from the banging. I heard the lock unlatch and Omar opened the door shirtless with water dripping from his hair, obvious that he had just gotten out of the shower. Any other time I would've been ready to jump all over him but the rage, along with the growing child in the pit of my uterus had other plans.

"We need to talk...NOW!"

Vani

"How do you feel today, baby?" Nurse Eryka asked as she removed the bandage from my head, checking to see if the stitches dissolved properly.

I've been in the hospital for the last two weeks, undergoing a multitude of tests to make sure that I wouldn't spontaneously combust. Within these two weeks, Marie and Sharife pretty much moved into my hospital room. They both had been taking turns with taking care of me, Sharife using this time to work himself back in my good graces.

Marie has been making sure I haven't been just sitting in the room, wheeling me around the hospital and taking me outside so I can see nature, attempting to help me with some of my makeup work, and trying to convince me to meet my father. Sharife on the other hand, has been trying to keep my spirits up by taking me to see Sammy and the babies, playing video games with me, and helping me with my therapy for my ankle. I hate the fact that he's overworking himself to take care of me but he won't listen when I tell him to stop. He's going to school, getting my work, doing his regular workouts, his basketball training for school is starting, and helping me out with my shit and I know he's bound to wear himself out.

"I feel better than I've felt in a while. My ankle is still a little sore though."

"That's good, do you have more mobility in it than you had before?"

"Mmhm, it just stings when I put too much pressure on it." I said rolling it, wincing as little lighting bolts of pain shot from my ankle through my foot.

"It's still healing and that's a good thing, you aren't trying to move too fast. According to your charts and X-rays, in about 8 to 10 weeks, you should be out of this boot and able to get back to your regular life. You'd probably have to do physical therapy for a while but as long as you keep your foot and ankle healthy, you should be fine." She said wrapping my ankle in a ace wrap.

"Let's hope I can play next season or else all of this was for nothing." I said biting my bottom lip and twisting a loose curl.

"AHT! Don't say that lil ugly, you gotta be positive about this."

The room door opened and Sharife walked in holding balloons and a flowers, with BJ and Max behind him. Sharife set the flowers and balloons down, standing on the side of nurse Eryka, watching her move my ankle and wincing whenever I did.