02 - the back compartment .

chapter two

chapter two. the back compartment !
word count. 3877 !

BEFORE ERIENNE COULD BLOCK THEM FROM COLLIDING, SHE RAN INTO HIS CHEST

BEFORE ERIENNE COULD BLOCK THEM FROM COLLIDING, SHE RAN INTO HIS CHEST. Their lips were mere inches away from each other and their eyes were a needle distance, and she fell back, the impact breaking her balance like they were infant stars, colliding and creating another solar system.

"Erienne! I apologize my lady, I have not found you in my peripheral vision, and caused me to sweep you off your feet!" James said, holding out a calloused hand to the confused woman at his feet.

"You think I would've been used to your odd speech but what the fuck is this?" She said, taking the hand and hoisting herself off, delicate hands dusting the 'mess' of her sweater. He held onto her waist, seemingly thinking that she was still unstable.

"Never mind that, you seem sure eager to see me, purposefully bumping into me." He said with a crooked smile, hinting at playful? banter.

"Sure James, you are a hypocrite. Look at your hand placements, not very wanting to let me go?" she smiled back at him, and he looked south, noticing his hands still on her hips. Quickly pulling back the hands without warning, she fell back, and they left spots of warmth.

"James! You could've at least let me know when you would let go!" Slapping him in the bicep, she gathered her stuff, and tried to proceed to find Marlene.

"No you aren't," James said and took her hand. "You're going to sit with us today." After a few moments of protest, gave in, and decided to see the others later.

As they walked past all the chaos of nervous first years, to the back compartment, James squeezed past them. They were crowding, and James almost seemed afraid to touch them.

"They probably still pick their noses." He whispered, as he slid along the compartments not wanting to touch the first years.

Erienne stifled a laugh as he tried his best not to make any contact with them. Just as a joke, she nudged him a bit into them. The slightest amount of skin and robe made his eyes fill with horror. As Erienne laughed he quickly turned to her and the first years saw the semi murderous look in his eyes.