Coffee Shop

🏳️‍🌈~COLE'S POV~🏳️‍🌈

Why did love have to be so hard? That was a burning question on Colton's mind. He wished that Peyton would just love him back. But it was never that easy. Peyton was his best friend. He had never mentioned liking boys. But he had also never mentioned liking girls either. Peyton just didn't like to talk about that.

It was October 3rd and Peyton was at Colton's house. Colton sighed and stared at Peyton's persistent face as Peyton asked, yet again,

"What's wrong Cole?"

"For the last time, nothing!"

"I know something's on your mind. You can tell me anything Cole Slaw."

"Don't call me that. I hate that name"

Peyton smiled. Cole's cheeks immediately lit up lightly. He was so gorgeous when he smiled. It made Colton's insides feel all tingly. Those green eyes and that curly hair. He was beautiful.

"Tell me. I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything!"

"Fine." Cole inhaled and let it out. He looked Peyton in the eyes and back down at his lap. "I'm gay."

Cole sneaked a glance back up at Peyton's face to see his reaction. Peyton blinked once then burst out, "Pfffft! That's it?! I've known that for like, fiveevers!"

"Oh. I guess I do make it obvious."

"Yeah, you think?"

"Couldn't you at least be a little more surprised?"

"I'm incapable."

Cole snickered and pretended to be annoyed, but he still couldn't hide his grin, and they eventually both just started bursting out laughing. Every time they would get over their laughing fits long enough to look at each other, they would both just burst out laughing again.

"Wanna go get some coffee?" Peyton asked.

"Y- yeah sure." Cole stuttered out, still recovering from their last laughing fit.

"Hmmm... well there's this new little coffee shop not that far from here that I've been meaning to try! How 'bout we go there!?" Peyton asked, a bright smile on his face.

"Sure," Cole replied. "Are we gonna take your car?"

"Hmm, I was thinking we could walk! It's a beautiful day, and it's only five minutes away!" He exclaimed. But then, seeing the hesitant look on Cole's face, added, "But what do you wanna do?"

"I guess we can walk." Cole was tired and he didn't feel like exercising, but Peyton seemed so excited about it.

Peyton smiled at him and, grabbing his hand, promptly drag him out the front door as Cole silently gay panicked behind him.

After about 30 seconds of dragging Cole behind him, Peyton finally let him go and they walked side by side. They had short little conversations, well, that is to say, Peyton talked and Cole listened, butting in every so often to add something to the conversation.

"I'll order if you go grab a table," Peyton said.

"Okay, can you get me a Caramel Crunch frappuccino?"

"Yep! Anything else?" he asked, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"No. That's all."

"M'kay!" He exclaimed, almost literally jumping in line.

Cole found a table and sat down. He looked around and noticed his other best friend Robin sitting with another person he didn't know. They said they were busy, but he didn't know they were going on a date! He felt weird crashing it.

🏳️‍🌈~ROBIN'S POV~🏳️‍🌈

Robin snorted and Mila stared at them, snorting into her own coffee and they both stared at each other, giggling slightly.

"Ooooh my gosh this is great Mi-Mi" Robin laughed, grinning at their girlfriend.

"Yeeaahh... hey, there's some weirdo trying to wave at you behind your back. Should I be concerned...?"

Robin turned around in their seat and, spotting Cole, turned back around to Mila grinning.

"Oh yeah, that's just Cole. Remember, the gay disaster of a friend I told you about? Wonder why he's here though..."

Robin scanned the cafe, looking around for anyone else they would know, before they finally spotted Peyton.

"Oh. My. Corn Maze."

"What!?"

"That's Peyton! Cole's super gay crush! OHMYGOSH! DID HE ASK HIM OUT?! ARE THEY ON A DATE?!"

"What's with you shipping everyone ever?" Mila sighed, grinning at their significant other's antics.

"I'm sorry Mila, I have to go ask him. Wanna come with?" Robin asked, stretching their hand to their girlfriend. "I've wanted to introduce you for a while anyway."

"Yesh," Mila replied, grabbing Robin's hand...