Our Origin

He cried out for help... 

*somebody came* 

     "Are you okay?!" I asked. 

     Sans tried to look up, only to curl back into himself in pain. He thought he heard a voice. 

     "Um..." I trailed off, not sure what to say or do. 

     Sans suddenly jerked up, now alert. He winced at the motion, grabbing onto his chest where his SOUL should be. He slowly sat up, now looking at me. 

     "Hello human," he said almost monotonously. 

     "...That was not the response I was expecting..." I said. 

     "W-wait! ANOTHER HUMAN?!" he shouted, before wincing again. 

     I stood there a moment before saying, "Now that was the response I expected." 

     The Sans suddenly bombarded me with questions. 

     "Why are you here? Are you like... The other human? Are you going to kill me? Can you... help me? Have you seen any other monster-" 

     "I- Um. Can I answer you one question at a time!" I interrupted him. 

     "Oh! Sorry. I guess," he said, voice slowly turning even more devoid of emotion. 

     "I... I think you're the only monster left here..." I told him. 

     I heard a crack and he winced again, before giving an even more emotionless, "Oh..." 

     "Oh no..." I realized what was happening. 

      "My SOUL," he said, voice even more monotone and devoid of life than before. 

     "I can help you!" I yelled. 

     "Y-you can?" he questioned, feeling a bit more hope. 

     "Just absorb a piece of my SOUL!" I said, probably to cheerfully for the situation. 

     "W-what?! But you could die?" he questioned. 

     "You obviously don't know that, and it's only a piece. I'm trying to help you here. So... Please let me help you," I told him. 

     "I-" before the Sans could finish what he was saying, we heard another crack as he grasped his chest summoning his SOUL. 

     I quickly shoved a piece of my SOUL towards it. A bright light shown and blinded us for a second. My form was gone. 

     "...Hello?" 

     "Whew. Your Hope was the only thing keeping your SOUL together. Glad I arrived when I did, you could have died," I said relieved. 

     "What? Where is that coming from?! My SOUL?!?! I would have died? BUT MY SOUL?!?!" he questioned rapidly, working himself up. 

     "You absorbed a piece of my SOUL. Of course you're going to hear me from your SOUL," I told him. 

     "Oh..." he said still confused. 

     "Where else would you hear me? Your head?" I scoffed at the though, probably forgetting an example of where I am wrong about this. 

     "Then again... Never mind. Okay... I guess I should introduce myself..." I said. 

     I felt him nod. It was weird being a SOUL. I wondered if this was how sleep paralysis felt. Or that one dream where I- Wait. I can feel him getting impatient already. 

     "Well..." I realized I didn't completely prepare for this. 

     "You can call me Rose," I decided. 

    The Sans started to thank me,"Well... THANK YOU SO MUCH ROSE! IT DOESN'T HURT ANYMORE I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER I WAIT WHY AM I SO EXCITED I-" 

     "You are excited because you have just felt a rush of emotions. It seems that the cracking of your SOUL left you almost practically emotionless," I interrupted him. 

     "Okay. It seems that this Sans is a Blue," I said while looking at him. 

      "Wait. What do you mean by that?!" Blue asked. 

     "We... Have a lot to talk about," I told him. 

     "Okay Rose... But how can I possibly repay you?" he asked. 

     This was going to take a while. So I explained. First I told him that in return of me letting him have a part of my SOUL, I can possess him whenever. He was confused and a little frightened when I said that, but quickly grew excited. I let him absorb my SOUL just as his body and SOUL was dusting. 

     Since I let him absorb my SOUL as he was kind of emotionless and dusting, he will pick up on my traits easier. He might not even be a boy anymore, since he has absorbed the SOUL of a girl... But his original SOUL is not entirely gone either... I guess we'll see. 

     Two figures looking on on all of this were talking in the distance. 

     "Is this our origin story?" 

     "Maybe. It could change at any time.

     "Trying to be mysterious again?" 

     "Let's go.

     The two portal away. Nothing is left behind, but a blue rose. 

     "It all begins," I say. 

     ...I really should have told this from Blue's perspective. 

     "What do you mean?" Blue asked. 

     Wait he heard that?! Then again he did absorb a part of my SOUL so... Oh no. What if he's just turning into one of those fourth wall breaking Blues? I do love fourth wall breaking characters. 

     "I'm still so confused," Blue said. 

     Cats. 

     "...What?" Blue questioned confused. 

     What were we talking about again? Oh right. 

     Thanks for reading. 

     "Wait I'm still confused and-" I cut Blue off with a sigh. 

     "This is why I said we have a lot to talk about," I said. 

Thanks for reading all you wonderful readers! Until next time.