~Lance x Reader~

--------------------------------------------

Title - All I've Ever Wanted

Fandom - Voltron

Requested by - my brain

Pronouns - He/him

Au - none

Genre - Good ol' fluff and slight tiny angst

Warning - Talk of blood and heavy cursing 

Published on - October 27, 2020

Word count - 2831

--------------------------------------------

"Oi, Dipshit! Get your head out of the clouds and your ass in gear!" Y/n yelled through the coms.

"I am, ass-hat! Just because your lion is more agile doesn't mean mine is!" Lance yells back. The other paladins groan, used to the two's usual banter. They were obvious rivals, worse than Keith and him.

Y/n L/n. The purple paladin and pilot of the purple lion. The graceful and agile spitfire of the paladins. Even though he seems to be annoyed at the literal air, he's extremely protective over all of the paladins, especially Lance even if their rivals.

2nd person POV

A holographic transmission of Allura pops up in your vision, your e/c eyes darting over to her worried face.

"Y/n, the castle is under attack! We need you to come back and take care of them, there are too many for us to handle." She says, worry dripping in her voice.

"Shit..." You mumble under your breath. "Alright, I'll be there stat." You state and the transmission cuts out. 

"Alright girl, you know where to go." You say, turning your lion around and shooting off at an impressive speed.

"And where in the hell do you think your going?" Lance asks, sounding astonished that you'd have the audacity to turn around. 

"Bluey, shut your big mouth. Allura needs me back at the castle, it's under attack. Just... stay safe guys. Just cause I'm gone doesn't mean you can slack off." You say.

"Ugh, whatever just make sure I don't have to come save your ass." Lance says back, making you chuckle.

"Guys, less flirting and more fighting!" Pidge yells and your face heats up.

"WE'RE NOT FLIRTING!!!" You both yell in unison.

"Suuuure." Pidge says, unconvinced. 

"Guys, this is not the time. Fight the Galra, who are trying to kill us, and not each other." Keith say. No one says anything more and you land Purple and get out. You take you bayard off of your hip and it actives, turning into a bow. You spot a few Galra soldiers outside of the barrier, attempting to break in and you draw back the string of your bow, a purple light arrow appearing, notched in the bow.

"Hey, fuckers!" You yell and they look at you. You release the string and the arrow fires, striking one soldier between the eyes. They fall, and the others pull out their weapons. You dodge the shots fired at you by dropping into a crouching position. You shoot two more arrows before one came charging at you. You didn't notice them and stood as they slash a dagger at you. You feel a searing pain on the left side of your face as your vision flashed white on that side. You stumble back as your hand instinctively shoots up and you hold your face. You feel blood drip down your gloved hand.

"Shit..." You say under your breath before swinging your bow at the solider and knock him out cold. You stumble slightly, loosing balance. You grit your teeth and push through, removing your hand and running into the fighting.