II.

The sound of video game sound effects filled the pubic stricken boys' ears as they walked inside the arcade room. They smelt a varied smell of sugar and old coins in the air as they walked down the aisles of machines.

"You sure you saw hot chicks?" Sal asked, unsure about his friend's earlier words.

"One hundred percent." Joe said as he continued to look at every nook and cranny.

Q was mindlessly following the boys, knowing that one of the other boys would hit jackpot and he'd be left to be alone once more.

Somehow this was always the case. And somehow, it would lead to Q's self consciousness.

Nevertheless, he managed to smile and carry about his business as one of his friends' tongues was down some chick's throat.

And in mindless walking, he managed to bump right into someone.

"Oh, jeez. Im sorry I-" Q finally got a good look at the person he bumped into - after a moment of flustered embarrassment - and felt a knot in his gut.

This is where you came in the picture.

"Oh no, it's fine." You had bent down to pick up the quarter you'd dropped, and within standing back up, you were face to face someone intriguing. You felt a sudden heat rush to your cheeks.

"Brian." You heard the guy say as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"_______" You replied, twirling the quarter with your fingers mindlessly.