The Lock On The Floor

They ask for Pumpkin Spice and roam outside like they are homeless.

I didn't worry about Brian because he's nocturnal and if anyone tried to harm him, they would break their own bones instead of his.

But Rachael? Her latest was 8:30 pm and I got a very uneasy feeling.

The doorbell rang. Ah, there she is. Hastily, I got up and the glass resting on my lap toppled, spilling half the drink on my nightrobes. I grabbed a handful of paper towels and walked to the door , wiping the stains off.

Clumsily, I opened the door, still wiping the stains.

"Rachael what took you so long?" I said not looking.

Only reply I got was the icy howl of the wind. I flinched as a squeaky creak reveberated at my ears.

It was only the porchlight swaying with the wind. My eyes followed the beam of light to the floor and my heart pounded.

I bent down to get a better look at it. A lock of brown wild hair and silky golden hair tied together by a stray strand of crimson wool.

My Rachael had silky golden hair and I remember her wearing a crimson wool sweater that I knitted for christmas.

My phone was out of sight. The lights went out and through the window panes, two golden orbs stared at me.

'Splack'  something slammed against the glass, blood raining down with it.

Panic crept up my spine, my breath hitched and I could feel the moisture of sweat on my forehead albeit it was freezing cold outside.

The blood ceased dripping and the golden orbs were gone.

I screamed when a wailing howl echoed in the silence.

But I assured myself; it's Halloween. Kids have gone to extremes for Trick-Or-Treat.

In the darkness, I  fumbled for a candle and a matchstick. When I lighted it, the flame flickered dangerously due to the eerie breeze inside the house.

I went outside, the wind slapping alternatively at me.

I took a sharp intake of breath when I saw a blood soaked winter scarf just below the window sill.

Again, it was Rachael's favourite scarf , soaked in warm, thick blood.

Amidst the folds, lay the top quarter of a pinky finger. Her finger.

A/N: Hi there! Hope you are good :)

Please vote if you liked this short story and tell me how it is! I would love to know....

If you like, I can continue this story.
Have a nice day/night! :)