Chapter 1

"Give it up for the graduating class of 1934."

We all stand up in our robes and hats, draping our arms over each other's shoulders. We bow and head off stage into the audience to greet our families.

"Y/N!"

I turn around just in time to catch my younger siblings in my arms.

"Hey Lily, hey James. How was I?" I ask carefully setting them down on the ground.

"You were amazing!" James exclaims.

"You look beautiful!" Lily exclaims.

For 7 year olds, they really are energetic.

"You never cease to make us proud," my mum says.

I look up and smile, seeing my mum and dad standing over the top of us.

"Hey mum, hey dad," I smile, standing up.

"Come here," my mum says, opening her arms out wide.

She embraces me in a tight hug, along with my dad.

"Y/n, come get your things signed with us," a friend yells from over the sea of people.

"Be right there," I yell back.
"I love you guys. I'll meet you back at home later."

"Not too late though. Remember, curfew is 10," my mum reminds me.

"And no-"

"Boys. Yes I know dad," I chuckle.
"Bye you two. Behave," I say to my siblings, as I rush over to the rest of the class.

I take off my hat and take a pen out from my pocket.

"Hey sexy," a voice says behind me.

I mentally sigh and roll my eyes before turning around.

"Hey Matthew," I say, plastering a fake smile on my face.

"Now come on, n/n. You know you can call me Matty."

"I know and you know you can call me y/n."

"Can I sign that?"

"Go ahead."

I hand the hat and pen over to him for his signature or goodbye message. He hands them back and I thankfully only see a signature. I continue to go around the group exchanging hugs, messages and signatures. Finally I finish up, when I hear deep husky voice from behind me.

"May I sign your hat?"

I turn around and come face to face with a handsome boy that I assume was in my class.
He had short-ish brown hair, with a small fringe off to the side. He had the most charming smile I've ever seen.

"Of course," I say, handing him the hat and pen.

"I hope you have a good rest of the summer holidays," he says smiling, passing my pen and hat back.

"You too," I smile and wave goodbye, then head off towards my car.

I hop in and place my hat on the passenger seat, along with my cloak. I start the car and make my way home. When I arrive I see the twins playing out the front with the neighbours kids; Edward and Elizabeth. "Hey Edward, hey Elizabeth."

"Hi y/n," they wave.

"Lily, James. I'm going to the diner, do you want anything?"

"No thank you."

I head up the stairs onto the porch and let myself inside. The smell of creamy pasta sauce reaches me.

"Are we having pasta for dinner?"