Chapter 19

Inside is my satchel and my tin full of letters Bucky wrote to me. I grab them and sit them on the floor.

"What's that?" Clint whispers.

"The metal tin is full of letters my boyfriend and I would write each other......."

I open the satchel.

"This is my favourite bag, but inside is....mine and Bucky's car keys, old records my boyfriend and I danced to, a music box I made, a photo album, framed photos, the clothes I wore when I fell in the ice, Bucky's hoodie and.....a storage key?"

"Hey, this man looks familiar," Clint says picking up a framed photo.
"But since it's black and white, I can't exactly tell....."

Suddenly an anger washes over me and I place everything, including the tin, in my satchel.

"Where are you going?!" Nat asks as I stand up.

I ignore her and for a second I think I've gone into Grim Reaper mode. I swing the satchel over my shoulder and stomp out down the hallway and into the lounge room. The only people in the room are Steve, Wanda, Tony and Sam. Followed by Natasha and Clint as they rush in after me.

"Y/n are you ok-" Steve freezes in his chair when he spots the satchel.

Sam has a look of pure terror on his face, waiting with batted breath to see what will happen. When I'm angry I do one of two things. I either throw fists or I scream at somebody and right now I'm really liking both options. I drop the satchel at his feet.

"Do you want to explain to me WHY you fucking have everything of mine, hidden away in your room?!" I yell.

"Y/n-"

But I cut him off.

"Our car keys, photo albums, photo frames, mine and Bucky's clothes AND the letters we wrote each other! INCLUDING HIS FUCKING GOODBYE LETTER!"

"Y/n, I'm sorr-"

"Oh your sorry are y-"

"Wait. Did you just say Bucky?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, my boyfriend," I grumble turning back to Steve.

"Why the fuck would you keep these from me Steve?! To stop me from remembering him, huh?! IS THAT IT?!"

"I did it cause I love you!"

"SO YOU TAKE AWAY ALL I HAVE LEFT OF HIM, SO THAT I CAN'T REMEMBER HIM! JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR ME!"

"I have loved you since you were 18!" He yells, standing up.

"WHAT ABOUT PEGGY! LET ME GUESS! YOU USED HER TO GET OVER ME!"

"I WAS JEALOUS OK!"

Tears start streaming down my face.

"YOU!? OF COURSE YOU WERE JEALOUS! JUST BECAUSE BACK THEN HE WAS THE LADIES MAN AND YOU STILL HADN'T BEEN ON YOUR FIRST DATE! IF IT WASN'T FOR REBECCA AND I YOU AND PEGGY WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN A THING! IS THAT WHY YOU NEVER PROPOSED TO HER!?"

"YES! OK! I NEVER PROPOSED TO PEGGY EVEN THOUGH I LOVED HER, I STILL HAD FEELINGS FOR YOU! WHEN BUCKY TOLD ME HE WAS PROPOSING TO YOU I WAS JEALOUS OK! BUT SINCE I WAS HIS BEST FRIEND I HAD TO BE HAPPY FOR HIM!"

I let out a gasp as a horrible thought occurs to me.

"You?.........You caused it," I mumble as I become slightly light headed.

"When he said he was proposing to you, I convinced him to wait until after the war!"

"YOU CAUSED THE FALL!" I yell running forward and tackling him.

I've pinned him down on his back. I've got both legs either side of him pinning his arms under my knees so he can't move. Tears are falling at an alarming rate and I raise my fist. Natasha, Clint, Tony and Sam attempt to get me off Steve, but I shove them away.

"YOU!"

Punch.

"KILLED!"

Punch.

"HIM!"

Punch.

Steve has a cut lip and the blood is slowly trickling down his face.

"I didn't mean for him to fall out of the train!"

"YOU'RE THE REASON HE'S GONE!"

Punch.

"YOU MONSTER!" I cry.

Punch.

I hear heavy footsteps and I go to swing another punch, but I'm pulled off Steve. I don't have the energy to fight the person lifting me off him. I kick Steve all I can while I'm getting picked up. The person grabs my satchel and throws me over their shoulder.

"Here, I'll take her," Natasha whispers.

The person carrying me stands me up straight, but as soon as my feet touch the ground I collapse onto my knees sobbing uncontrollably.

"Shhh," Natasha whispers.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH STEVE!" I yell through sobs.

Natasha holds me in her lap and I eventually cry myself to sleep. When I wake up, I'm still half asleep, but I hear a pair of angry voices echo through the tower.

"YOU TRIED TO FUCKING KILL ME!" A familiar husky voice shouts.

"No. I never wanted to kill you!"

"MOVE!"

"No!"

"MOVE!!!!"

"NO!"

"WHAT DO YOU FUCKING MEAN NO! YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM SEEING MY GIRLFRIEND! I HAVEN'T FUCKING SEEN HER IN 75 YEARS! SO MOVE STEVE!"

I must still be dreaming. I drift back off to sleep, but when I wake up, there's a knock on my bedroom door.

"Go away," I grumble.

"Doll?......."