Chapter 11- Chances

Deku's POV

I waited for another two days. The officer told me I had to think about my actions. I scoffed.

"What do I need to think about?" I asked myself aloud, alone in the pitch-black room. "Should I be thinking of an escape plan or something?"

"No, you shouldn't. Even if you did, young man, it wouldn't be wise to say it aloud either."

I froze in my seat. I knew that voice. The voice that told me that I was nothing. The voice that denied me the only chance to live my dream.

All Might.

"You do know that your former classmates are worried for you, right?" He questioned.

"Of course they're not. I can see through all your lies now, All Might. So don't even try anything."

He was obviously shocked by my response. Since he was the 'number one hero', no one even tries to disagree with him.

"Well... the police have reached a decision on what they're going to do with you and Uraraka."

This time, I perked my head up slightly.

"What are they doing to us this time?"

All Might cringed, almost unnoticeably. It was an amusing sight, for sure.

"Well, for one thing, they've decided you and Uraraka can have a second chance."

I squinted, still looking up at the ceiling. "And why on earth would they make that terrible decision?"

"They believe you can change. I believe you can too." 

"Psh. There's no way that they believe in me. No one ever did, and no one does. The only person who's believed in me is Uraraka."

He looked down at me, pity in his eyes. 

"Young Midoriya... your mother has been worried about you this whole time. She never stopped believing that you were just her son, who had done nothing wrong, and I-" he seemed to choke on his words. 

"I'm sorry."

I blanked for what was probably around 30-ish seconds. 

"He's... sorry?"

Clearly, he was rather flustered too. Coughing, he straightened his posture slightly and scooted away from me.

"Anyways, the authorities are saying that you'll need some time for rehabilitation, which would probably be around... two years? Possibly more."

"Hey, what about Ocha-" I tried to ask, but it was too late.

He left the room, plunging me into pitch-black darkness once more.

"Things seem like they're going to get complicated."

387 words