Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"No!" Leila whispered as she took in the shape of her belly in front of the mirror. She extended one hand to pull the skin, and it seemed to have an unusual leverage.

"That's not possible," She hissed and rolled down her shirt and tucked it into her sweatpants. It didn't make sense. If that stranger had actually gone that far, if even he had been that risky not to use protection, it wasn't possible for her to feel any movement at that time. It was just plain wrong.

It may have been just imagination, She tried to convince herself as she walked out of the dresser and headed back to her room. She could have just had indigestion from the strange food she had cooked earlier. It could have also been some gases. It didn't specifically assure her of that, but it didn't deny it, either.

She tried to even her breath as she sat down on the edge of the bed, pulled her feet up and crossed her legs, tucked her elbows over them. She tried to think of her state in the past month. Unfortunately, everything was bad enough to be realistic. She had been sick. She had encountered a lot of dizziness and fainting, in addition to vomiting. A wave of fear crossed over her body as she thought of that possibility. She couldn't be pregnant. It just didn't make sense.

Yet it did.

There was a knock on the door afterward. Leila looked up from her dazed up state to see David coming into the room and closing the door behind him.

"Are they gone?" She asked hopefully. The simple shake of David's head was a disappointment. She sighed and looked back down at her lap.

"You okay?" He asked casually, moving over to the bed. He pushed the covers away and sat down next to her. "You don't look very well. Your face is as white as a sheet."

Leila suddenly stood up and slipped into her flip-flops. David was taken aback by her sudden retreat.

"I'm going to go serve you dinner," She announced in a low mumble while walking to the door.

"No!" David interrupted. "It's okay. I already ate." Leila dropped the knob and looked back at him to see him tapping the spot next to him, gesturing for her to sit down. "We need to talk."

Fearfully, Leila gulped inaudibly and slowly went back to sit down next to him. She wasn't in a good mood to talk right now, for the fear of her tongue slipping. However, she didn't have it in her to fight him at that moment.

"Yes?" She indicated, crossing her legs once more. "What do you want to talk about?"

"I'm sorry," David bluntly said, confusing her.

She arched a brow. "For what exactly?" There were a lot of things he could have been apologizing for, and she couldn't recall which one that was for.

"For everything," He admitted, a little bit shyly, then looked up at her with a glint of hope in his eyes. Leila was stunned and her mouth gaped. She had never seen him like that before.

"I did ... a lot of mistakes before. I hurt you when I shouldn't have. And for that, I'm sorry," He continued. His hand sneaked closely to hold hers, but she didn't notice. She didn't pull away, nor did she object. She was just too shocked to focus on anything else.

"I want us to start a new leaf, and forget about everything that's happened before," David said with a small smile. "That is, of course, if you want to."

But I could be pregnant right now.

Leila came back to her senses and she immediately pulled away. David frowned in disappointment at her unexpected gesture, but he didn't comment. He waited for her to say something.