Kenma Kozume - Forgotten

Reader : NB (Non-Binary)

-------------------------------------------------------

The sun was bright and the streets were busy. Noises of the busy chattering between people could be heard everywhere. As you looked at the mirror to fix your hair and school uniform, you pulled out your phone as you heard the notification bell went off. You opened your inbox to see a text message from your loving partner of 2 years, Kenma Kozume.

"Where are you?"

To you, today was a special day. Finally you were able to hang out and go on a date with Kenma after not being able to hang out with him for the past few days. It was torture being away from the person you love but it was exam week so you had no choice. Dating Kenma felt difficult at times. You knew how much Kenma prioritize his gaming life as well as the time spent after school for volleyball training over time spent with you. Of course, you knew about this beforehand and was alright with the consequences. Despite all of that, you've always loved him.

When Kenma first asked you out 2 years ago, you felt as if it was all just a joke. After being close friend with Kenma for over 6 months, your feeling for him developed. Beside Kuroo, Kenma was the only other person that showed care and concern to you as well as protected you during hard times. When your biological parents left you to survive for yourself or when your ex cheated on you, he was the first person you would call and would be the first person to ensure your well-being. Soon enough, you've reached past the stage of being comfortable with each other that people around soon started to joke about the idea of you being a couple with Kenma.

Kenma, as much as you expected this shy boy to not make the first move, he did the most adorable thing any anime lover like you would fond upon, and that was choosing a certain episode from your favourite romcom anime and selected the specific time frame on where your favourite characters confessed. This made you blushed hard upon the confession and of course, you said yes.

The first few months of being in a relationship with Kenma were amazing. Kenma gave you all the attention you wanted. Went out on so many dates, playing games together, doing new things that both of you had not tried before and just enjoying each other's company. It slowly died down when things get comfortable with each other. Kenma didn't mean to upset you but since he had you, he felt as if he didn't need to try as hard to impress you anymore. You were his. You knew that but brushed the denial off, thinking that all couples in life will face a time whereby they will get bored with each other and somehow, one day the spark will re-ignite back.

Today, you decided that it would be a perfect day to go out with Kenma after not being able to see each other for 2 weeks due to having exams. You wanted to take the initiative to re ignite the spark between the both of you again.

Entering the mall, you saw Kenma siting on the bench with his hands tapping away on his switch, too concentrated to notice the sly smirk that appeared on your face. Slowly, you creeped behind the little pudding head and hugged him tightly, startling the poor boy.

"Pudding!"

You giggled, expecting Kenma to start giggling and hugged you back.

Kenma on the other hand, wasn't laughing.

" Y/N. What did you do that. Now you made me lose my spot. Ugh. "

Annoyed, Kenma pressed the "start over" button on the screen and went back to giving his full attention to his game. Feeling a little upset, you decided to ignore it and sat beside him.

" So what do you want to do now? "

" How should I know. You were the one who wanted to hang out after school. Can we just quickly do whatever you need to do here. I want to complete a new game that I just bought at home."