Ava | Chap. 18

My muscles were a little stiff when I woke up the next morning, but a quick stretch warmed them up nicely. I yawned, but quickly covered my mouth when I realized I was the only one awake.

Actually, scratch that, Kira and I were the only ones awake.

The Healer was concocting some strange mixture by the lit up fire, which I was greatly surprised was still bruning. She probably lit up a new one earlier.

"Good morning, Ava." I froze at her words, a little surprised she knew I was awake. Then I remembered I literally gave out a yawn when I woke up.

I rubbed my head and smiled. "Morning."

Holding a bowl filled with the strange mixture, Kira walked up to me and kneeled by my side, almost knocking Cade over in the process. Luckily, he seemed to be a hard sleeper as he barely moved and remained asleep, arms crossed with his head leaned forward.

I turned to Kira while she drenched her fingers in the greenish mixture. "What's that?

- An ointment for your wound; it'll help-" she lifted my shirt and froze. "Heal..." Her face had completely changed as she starred at my side with curiosity in her eyes.

I tilted my head. "Is something wrong? Did it get infected!

- No, not at all. Seems like your werewolf healing kicked in overnight." Intrigued, I pulled my shirt up a little and grazed my hand over the wound. There was barely anything left but a small scar marking the bullet's point of entry. "Woah! It's completely gone!

- I assume you've never had a major injury before?" She croaked, a mischievous smile on her lips.

I nodded. "My mother never really let me wander off on my own. I was never really the adventurous type anyways. The worse injury I've ever had was a twisted ankle." I laughed nervously as I lied through my teeth, hoping she wouldn't catch on. I wasn't comfortable talking about such a personal event with a stranger anyways...

Kira nodded, but she seemed absent minded of the subject and fascinated by my wound. She grazed her old fingers onto the scar, chilling me to the bone; her hand was icy cold!

She pulled her hand back and threw the bowl over her shoulder which conveniently landed directly onto Jace's head. He jumped upon impact, eyes wide with surprise.

"What the fuck!?" I held back a giggle at the sight of his face which was now covered in green goop. But his eyes quickly landed onto me, burning with rage. "YOU PATHETIC FEMALE!! HOW DARE YOU HUMILIATE ME!?"

Fuming with rage, Jace stood up from his spot and stormed towards me as I cowered to the ground, unable to speak. Kira stood up, but she was shoved aside as Jace grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and slammed me into the tree.

"Listen here Omega, I'm just about done with your bullshit!

- I didn't do-

- What!? You didn't what!? Go on, SPEAK UP!

- JACE THAT IS ENOUGH!!" Grabbing his arm, Kira's hand squeezed Jace's wrist, forcing him to let me go. "You imbecile, I'm the one who threw the bowl, she had nothing to do with it!!" Jace froze in place, eyeing Kira while I once again instinctively cowered to the ground, drenched in my own tears.