Chapter 3.

Around the bunkhouse lies messy cowboys and empty bottles from the night before. Each person slowly makes their way to either the bathroom or kitchen.

"Hey guys, Ryan and I will be with my father today for Livestock. Lloyd will be with Rip today also. For the rest of you, you'll be working the horses. Make sure you get around to check the cattle down in the Florida field," Katie says taking a sip of her coffee.

"Finally getting our cattle back?" Colby asks putting on his boots.

"We asked nicely. Now we are taking them back or die trying," She states putting her now empty cup in the sink.

"Just be careful out there," Lloyd warns kissing her cheek.

"I will. Hell this won't be nothing compared to the desert. If I could live through that I'm sure I can handle a few pissed off Indians," She smirks before grabbing her jacket.

"Ready?" Ryan asks setting his cup down.

"When you are," She smiles putting on her hat and jacket.

Ryan leads the way out the door, allowing her to close it quietly.

"Hey Lovebirds!" Lee almost shouts meeting the two right outside the door.

Katie quickly punches Lee's shoulder, "Don't be so loud!"

Lee laughs wrapping his arm around her shoulder, "What? Scared someone will hear?"

She nods before groaning, "Why don't you slip into a coma or something?"

Ryan bursts into a fit of laughter as Lee looks almost offended.

"Why would you want to be with her? She is so rude. Always telling me to die and shit," Lee scoffs looking at Ryan.

"Aye, she hasn't said anything to me. I'm in it for the sex," Ryan shrugs causing the siblings to go wide eyed and slack jawed. "I'm kidding! Jesus. You two are too much alike," Ryan huffs as they get down to the crowd of people.

"Kat, you and Lee and Ryan are on horseback," John states the second they arrive.

"Good morning to you too," She scoffs walking over to Whisky who's already saddled.

"Morning, did you hear me or not?" John asks with a groan.

"Yes dad. I'm sure all off Montana heard you," She sighs leading her horse over to the trailer.

"Keep smarting off and see if I don't slap the taste out of your mouth," John snarls.

"C'mon Dad, you know how she is in the morning. It's been a rough week. Leave her alone," Lee says following Katie.

"Keep it up, Lee. I dare you to keep it up. I can't ask you kids to do a damn thing without complaining or mouthing off. Clearly you weren't taught enough respect," John snaps.

Katie shakes her head and turns quickly, almost as if she was lunging. "Respect?! We don't have respect?! You know what's not respectful?! This!" She yells pulling her shirt part of the way down showing the Y burnt into her skin. "Do you really wanna play the respect game right now?!" She huffs as Lee quickly grabs her, his arm holding her chest back.

"Walk away, Kat, walk away," He almost whispers looking towards the trailer as she knocks his arm away.

John steps forward a bit trying to be intimidating, "Get in the damn truck and be quiet."

Katie shakes her head, "No."

John growls and balls his fist, "I said get back in the damn truck."