Nefariously Numbing Nights

Recap:

"Good Morning!" Cedric said brightly to the very unamused group.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a chorus of hellos, except from Fred and George. George remained silent and Fred seemed upset about something; I hope he doesn't let what happened earlier with his mother weigh him down through the whole game.

"Long walk, Arthur?" Cedric's father asked.

"Not too bad," said Mr. Weasley. "We live just on the other side of the village there. You?"

"Had to get up at two, didn't we, Ced? I tell you; I'll be glad when he's got his Apparition test. Still not complaining, Quidditch World Cup, wouldn't miss it for a sack full of Galleons. The tickets cost about that. Mind you, looks like I got off easy." Amos Diggory peered good-naturedly at all of us. "All these yours, Arthur?"

"Oh no, only the redheads," said Mr. Weasley, pointing out his children. "This is Anya, Ginny's friend, Gemma, also Ginny's friend, Hermione, friend of Ron's and Harry, another friend."

"Merlin's beard," said Amos Diggory, his eyes widening. "Harry? Harry Potter?"

"Er, yeah," said Harry. He reached up and tried to flatten his hair over his scar.

"Ced's talked about you, of course," said Amos Diggory. "He told us all about playing against you last year. I said to him, Ced, that'll be something to tell your grandchildren, that you beat Harry Potter! This must be THE Gemma then aye; I've heard so much about." Amos walked over.

"I remember meeting you at that Christmas party. Your parents are quite something aren't they, then again, they are Malfoy's." Amos Diggory laughed and I couldn't help but look offended by that.

Cedric's face was bright red. Harry and the Twins were glowering. Probably about the comment on quidditch.

"Gemma isn't like her family and Harry fell off his broom dad. It was an accident. I told you." Cedric said and I slowly moved away from him just as Amos came over.

"Yes, but you didn't fall off, did you?" roared Amos genially, slapping his son on his back. "Always modest, our Ced, always the gentleman but the best man won, I'm sure Harry'd say the same, wouldn't you, eh? One falls off his broom, one stays on, you don't need to be a genius to tell which one's the better flier!"

"Must be nearly time," said Mr. Weasley quickly, trying to change the subject. "Do you know whether we're waiting for any more, Amos?"

I just walked over to Anya who grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"No, the Lovegoods have been there for a week already and the Fawcetts couldn't get tickets," said Mr. Diggory. "There aren't any more of us in this area, are there?"

"Not that I know of," said Mr. Weasley. "Yes, it's a minute off. We'd better get ready."

All of us crowded around the boot held by Mr. Diggory. With eleven people some had to stand behind others and reach around us. Anya, Ginny, and I were squashed together and Cedric, George, and Fred had to reach over us.

"Three," muttered Mr. Weasley, one eye still on his watch, "two, one."

Immediately I felt a tugging sensation behind my navel and our feet left the ground. My shoulders slammed into the others and I felt sick from all the spinning. I felt an arm wrap around my waist and yank me away from the boot. I let out a little scream and held tight to the arm around me.

Everything stopped spinning long enough to see what was going on. The group had hurled down to the ground but Mr. Weasley, Mr. Diggory, Cedric and I were gently floating to the ground. Cedric was the one to grab onto me and I was so grateful. I looked up at him and we shared a smile.