Hyuga

___

5.

It was war season, so my father did not put me in the academy when I turned of age unlike most other Shinobi parents. Instead I stayed home , sheltered and protected. However, staying home didn't mean I was helpless. In fact, it gave my father and the elders more time to train me into becoming the clan head. And it also gave me more time to perfect my own technique. Or well, my copycat technique. Yes, I shamelessly stole some else's technique and made it my own. But in fairness, that person can't complain because they're not here, I am.

So when both my parents accompanied me to the academy the first day I was surprised. Hizashi-oji-san also came with us for a little while. He said he had to go to the market close by so decided to go with us. Cutie Neji was with him so that made it even better. Really I would have rather my parents stayed and Hizashi-oji-san took me. By the time we got to the academy Cutie Neji and uncle were already out of sight.

Itachi and his parents were already waiting in front of the academy with the other parents. Mikoto had a baby sling on and a year old Sasuke was fast asleep. We met up with them and Itachi told me the basic procedures of the first day. As he predicted the Hokage, Minato, came and gave a patriotic speech about the village and then left and so did our parents. Also as predicted, the teacher took me away to take an entrance test. It would sort me into a class that was on the same level as me. I did have to try my best because father wanted me on the same team as Itachi.

When I made it into the classroom assigned Itachi was at the front, waiting for me. The other kids were a few years older than us so we were mostly ignored. "Since we're trying to be on the same team, let's be friends then. What do you say, Itachi-san?"

"If we're going to be friends, then call me Itachi." He was still only a child. "And you can call me Hitomi." But even though a child. He didn't smile as much as the other children or look nearly as joyful. And the rest of the day was surprisingly boring and easy. And when school ended Hizashi-oji-chan and that cutie Neji were waiting for me.

Itachi's parents were not there so he walked us home and then continued on to his neighboring compound. We lived somewhat next to each other. Not counting all the land in between.

And whenever I had time off school it was always training. I mostly trained with my father but every now and then I got to train with Hizashi-oji-san, those were my favorite days. Whenever I trained with father he would only tell me when I made mistakes. But with Hizashi-oji-san, he would tell me everything. He would say exactly what I was doing wrong and help me correct it. When I was training with my father I felt like I never learned anything. With my uncle, I learned the most. And it made sense. That this was the man that honed Neji's superb skills. And it really made me wonder. Why wasn't he the clan head instead?

Uncle did have a slightly different approach to the Hyuga palm technique. Instead of using his palms, he used his first and second finger tips. I asked him why. He said it was because that way it would be more accurate and waste less chakra. But it took extreme focus and accuracy to do. You had to hit just the right spot, not around the right spot.

One grievous day while my father was monitoring my training, I was going against a Chunin branch member. The elders just so happened to stop by. And if they wanted to be quiet they would have been. But one in particular made a suggestion to my father: You should consider having another heir Hiashi-sama. Just in case this one doesn't work out. The gull of that man. Well I'd show him just in case. And I did, It was the first time using my uncle's technique in front of other people. But by the time I walked out the Chunin could barely walk straight. I may or may not have used some of my own unique paralyzing moves on him.

I apologize for the chapters being so short but it's the way that I motivate myself to keep writing.